Windows 10: Can any webcam that supports 3d depth be used for windows Hello facial verification system?

Discus and support Can any webcam that supports 3d depth be used for windows Hello facial verification system? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Hope you are having a great day. I'm looking to get a webcam that works with windows hello system. I noticed it needs near-infrared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/supreme_sama, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Can any webcam that supports 3d depth be used for windows Hello facial verification system?

Hello everyone.

Hope you are having a great day.

I'm looking to get a webcam that works with windows hello system. I noticed it needs near-infrared camer and a depth camera for anti-spoofing . I found several webcams such as :

but they all fail with the latest update of windows 10. also it seems these are the only models that are officially windows hello certified! and these so called certified webcams fail themseleves. and to make things even worse, there is not a single page on microsoft that either lists all the certified models, or says plainly what the requirements are.

honestly this has become too much of a nuisance becasue I cant find any camera that works well . I dont know what to do honestly!

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/supreme_sama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/supreme_sama, Dec 29, 2019

2. facial recognition

Hi Melissa,

The following link is from Dell regarding the Hello function in Windows 10 with regards to Dell Laptops.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/sg/en/sgdh...

Your laptop is not among those listed as officially supported.

Specific System support

These Dell systems are equipped with a Intel RealSense/3D camera or IR capable Hello compliant camera:

Alienware 13 R3

Alienware 15 R3

Alienware 17 R4

Inspiron 23 2350 All-in-One w/3D Webcam

Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1 (With IR Camera Option)

Inspiron 15 5548 (With Touch Screen Only may have this option)

Inspiron 15 5557 w/3D Webcam

Inspiron 15 5559 w/3D Webcam

Inspiron 24 7459 All-in-One w/3D Webcam

Inspiron 7779 2-in-1 (With IR Camera Option)

Latitude 14 3480

Latitude 15 3580

Latitude 12 5280

Latitude 14 5480

Latitude 15 5580

Latitude 12 7275 2-in-1

Latitude 12 7280

Latitude 13 7370

The only exception to this at this time is the Latitude 3470 and 3570’s which use an infra-red (IR) camera also seem to work.

NOTE: Facial recognition should not be expected to work on any other 2016 model or older Dell camera equipped systems not included in the listing above.

However, you could try to install the following.

NOTE: Some users reported that they needed to download the Intel RealSense Depth Camera Manager (DCM) before the camera worked with Hello Facial Recognition

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044...

If the hardware is not showing on the device list, it could possibly be a hardware failure, in this case, it's best to contact Dell for repairs.

Regards,

Lee

Lee Teck Koon, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Intel lists all devices supporting Windows 10 Hello facial authent...

Read more: Intel lists all the devices supporting Windows 10 Hello facial authentication

Brink, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Can any webcam that supports 3d depth be used for windows Hello facial verification system?

Windows hello option is not available

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, in order to use Windows Hello you will need a compatible “depth” camera compatible device. Facial authentication will need a 3D depth camera to get it working. No existing webcams will not work. Additional features like
    finger print authentication will work with any existing fingerprint sensor devices.

In order to active this feature, you must have the right hardware and the driver is installed.

Follow the below steps to configure Windows Hello.

• Head to “Settings” and then click on “Accounts”, and next on “Sign-in options”.

• Set up a PIN code (ignore this step if you already did) by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Can any webcam that supports 3d depth be used for windows Hello facial verification system?

1. Can any webcam that supports 3d depth be used for windows Hello facial verification system? - Similar Threads - webcam supports depth

2. why i can't use facial recognition in windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i can't use facial recognition in windows hello: why i can't use facial recognition in windows hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-use-facial-recognition-in-windows-hello/6aaa68ad-d29e-4110-b349-ab67df00cfc7
  3. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  4. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  5. No such interface supported when using 3D Builder / 3D Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No such interface supported when using 3D Builder / 3D Viewer: Hi - I never had a problem with this issue until just a couple of weeks ago. My problem is...whenever I try to open a 3D file, such as a .stl file or .obj file, etc....I get a "no such interface supported", if the file is within a FOLDER. If the file is simply on the Desktop,...
  6. No such interface supported when using 3D Builder / 3D Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No such interface supported when using 3D Builder / 3D Viewer: Hi - I never had a problem with this issue until just a couple of weeks ago. My problem is...whenever I try to open a 3D file, such as a .stl file or .obj file, etc....I get a "no such interface supported", if the file is within a FOLDER. If the file is simply on the Desktop,...
  7. Windows Hello can not activate my webcam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello can not activate my webcam: Since a few weeks Windows Hello fails to identify me and I have to use my confidential code to log in to Windows. I tried to setup Windows Hello parameters but still have the same message "We could'nt activate the camera". Any idea ?...
  8. Windows Hello Facial Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition: Its been 5 months since I bought my pc. I always update it when updates are available but Windows Hello Face is always unavailable. Can this issue be solved??...
  9. Windows Hello (Facial)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello (Facial): Hi, I have the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370, and it has the Windows Hello Fingerprint reader preinstalled. It says it can't find a camera but this also happened with last years 1803 update where it would disable Windows Hello. To fix the 1803 bug I had to get a driver off...
  10. webcam /windows hello

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam /windows hello: When trying to open webcam, or set up windows hello receiving this error code 0xa00f4249(0XC00D5212) it's an Alienware 17r4 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/webcam-windows-hello/e35a48f3-e179-4b7b-a74a-9aff447c2c60