Windows 10: Can anybody help me with my win10 system's inability to restart?

Discus and support Can anybody help me with my win10 system's inability to restart? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, and thanks in advance to anybody who even reads to the end of this! Short version of my problem, to be followed by longer version. Short version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nonboatfolk, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Can anybody help me with my win10 system's inability to restart?

Hi, and thanks in advance to anybody who even reads to the end of this! Short version of my problem, to be followed by longer version.

Short version: Windows 10 laptop powers off-and-on okay, but won't restart.

Long version: I have an MSI GS40 6QE laptop running Windows 10, and it just won't RESTART. This means it hangs during any Windows update or any other action requiring a restart. It freezes on the MSI logo screen, and never reaches a Windows screen at all. Laptop is as the factory made it, bar the fact that I've replaced the HDD with Samsung 850 Evo SSD, to go with the m.2 SSD that windows is installed on.

Background: it has been doing this for a while now, so yesterday I thought I'd try the old "Windows 98 nuke the site from orbit" technique and do a full clean install. I used a USB stick for this, deleting all partitions from my hard drives and reinstalling on my main, m.2 SSD. System seemed to restart okay during the installation process.

I then installed the drivers for my hardware, using Driver Easy, and this is when the system started hanging during restart again. By powering off and on, I managed to update all the drivers. Same problem: system would turn off then on, but not restart.

I then flashed the BIOS. Same thing.

I tried disabling fast boot. Same thing.

I tried running without my second SSD. Same thing.

I tried unplugging all unnecessary peripherals, to no avail.

I tried reseating all my interior connections. Nothing.

I'm currently remaking my windows installation media so I can try the "startup repair" function, or whatever it's called.

I do suspect that Windows dislikes one of my drivers even though they're all the latest versions I could find. However, before I reinstalled the OS, some of these were certainly out of date, and were different versions to what's currently installed, and it was happening then too.

If anyone can shed any light on the possible cause of the problem I would be extremely grateful! I think I'm actually starting to go insane...

submitted by /u/nonboatfolk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nonboatfolk, Feb 2, 2020

2. System restarts on its own

It all began when I changed my CPU cooling. The system runs fine when I play games, pass 3DMark Vantage with no problem, but when I try to play MP4 files with Media Player Classic it restarts after few minutes. Few times it restarts while idle. I reinstall the Vista but it did not help. The CPU is not overheating (actually is 10 degrees cooler now). Any suggestions?

Grasshopper, Feb 2, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Can anybody help me with my win10 system's inability to restart?

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Can anybody help me with my win10 system's inability to restart?

1. Can anybody help me with my win10 system's inability to restart? - Similar Threads - anybody help win10

2. My game wont load can anybody help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My game wont load can anybody help me: So basically when I go to play call of duty on this profile for Microsoft it wont load but when I go on my other Microsoft it load perfectly fine but the error message that pops up on this profile says its a network issue but how can it be that when the other profile loads...
  3. Can anybody help me with this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anybody help me with this: this is the first time i have seen thisCan anybody help me with this pleaseAny help would be highly appriciatedThank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anybody-help-me-with-this/b8858702-4dbf-4abc-8eee-cf1536b52b7c
  4. Microsoft store is not downloaded on my computer. Can anybody help me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store is not downloaded on my computer. Can anybody help me?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Robloxjhoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mreib6/microsoft_store_is_not_downloaded_on_my_computer/
  5. Can anybody help me with this problem please?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can anybody help me with this problem please?: I am disabled and so I use Dragon Speech Recognition to dictate and work my way around a PC. On my old laptop, I would say, “open my Documents” and my documents folder would open. This showing the location: This PC > Documents. On my new laptop, if I say, “open my...
  6. Can anybody please help me? Sometimes my apps won't open and i have to restart my pc...

Can anybody please help me? Sometimes my apps won't open and i have to restart my pc...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NxtLevelMadness [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hg3bdf/can_anybody_please_help_me_sometimes_my_apps_wont/
  7. Text is blurry, can anybody help me please?

Text is blurry, can anybody help me please?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LateToKarma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyeozu/text_is_blurry_can_anybody_help_me_please/
  8. Can anybody help me find an older windows theme?

Can anybody help me find an older windows theme?: Hey all, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be here, but I need help looking for an older theme from a previous version of windows. I'm pretty sure it was called "Glass Onion" or something along those lines. Anyways, it was a pretty funky collection of images ranging from...
  9. Hey can anybody help me to activate my windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hey can anybody help me to activate my windows 10 home?: i bought a laptop last year and its Windows 10 already, but last month the activate Windows notification just popped out. im trying to activate it but i can't. can any body help?[ATTACH]...
  10. Help me anybody!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me anybody!: I have turned something on while playing overwatch and i dont know how to turn it off i believe its some kind of performance indicator or something like that. Help me im loosing my mind...[IMG]...