Windows 10: Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer?

Discus and support Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I bought my computer off Facebook marketplace, so I'm not sure if this is my fault or the builder's but out of the blue one day my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JCS2OO5, Feb 24, 2020.

1. JCS2OO5 Win User

Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer?

Hello, I bought my computer off Facebook marketplace, so I'm not sure if this is my fault or the builder's but out of the blue one day my computer screen turned to black suddenly, I couldn't turn it off by pressing/holding the power button. My keyboard turned off and couldn't be found even when plugged in, a restart fixed that though. Then it started happening more frequently and so I scanned my C drive for errors on bootup, I got a bsod. Yesterday my screen froze as random red pixels were littered across the screen, then it went back to normal. About an hour later my screen froze and turned into this weird checkerboard pattern. I had to restart the pc this time, left it off overnight. I changed power cables to no avail, and about an hour before typing this, it just cut to a black screen then reset itself. I'd really appreciate some help if possible. It's been cleaned, I swapped hdmi, I plugged my pc into another socket. Now I can't really play anything as it just cuts off. My power supply is 250W, I have 8GB of ram, i5 six cores, windows 10 64 bit and Nividia GTX 670. I have tried to update my graphics drivers but I have the best match apparently.​

:)

JCS2OO5, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Spectrum Win User

Can anybody tell me WHY my computer crash?

Are your crash dumps defaulting to "E:\DUMP"?

For troubleshooting steps I would suggest

1.) If any overclocking has been done, undo it. This is a common source of system instability.

2.) Unplug all non-essential devices from the computer

3.) Test your memory - MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials this can take a long time and it is best to start it before you go to bed.

4.) Temporarily remove IOBit and Bitdefender, as they install kernel drivers. We'll want to eliminate them as a possible source of instability.

5.) Nvidia just released a new driver version today - I'd suggest updating. NVIDIA

Spectrum, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer?

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer?

1. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer? - Similar Threads - anybody tell what's

2. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  3. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  4. tell me what is wrong with this image.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    tell me what is wrong with this image.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheMinesYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/122tx25/tell_me_what_is_wrong_with_this_image/
  5. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my laptop?: This issue has occurred twice. Whenever I start my laptop, there is an extreme flickering on my screen as you can see in the photo where there's a glitch-like occurrence at the top. It's extremely lagging as well, and I can't even move my cursor smoothly. Before this, it's...
  6. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my laptop?: This issue has occurred twice. Whenever I start my laptop, there is an extreme flickering on my screen as you can see in the photo where there's a glitch-like occurrence at the top. It's extremely lagging as well, and I can't even move my cursor smoothly. Before this, it's...
  7. Can anybody tell me what this is? Please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can anybody tell me what this is? Please: I have Recently spoted this in my device manager The yellow triangle near this If i open properties then i get thisCan anybody guide me to fix this issue please?Thank you in advance...
  8. Can anybody tell me if this is normal. This is in my msert.log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anybody tell me if this is normal. This is in my msert.log: Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore regkeyvalue://hklm\software\microsoft\windows defender\\DisableAntiSpyware SigSeq: 0x0000055555C57273 Extended Scan Removal Results ---------------- Start 'remove' for...
  9. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/criticalbandana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ajw4/can_someone_tell_me_what_im_doing_wrong/
  10. Can anybody tell me WHY my computer crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anybody tell me WHY my computer crash?: Please... I'm exhausted... I have new, fresh system and STILL from time to time its crash /over and over - I need to use recovery tool to break BSOD loop. Please let me know if attached DMP file is not enough - and thank you all for a help. 91979