Windows 10: Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's...

Discus and support Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here's the output copied from the cmd window and it clearly shows I can select a disk Volume 4 NOT in the disk list! How I this possible? I am trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dickroy3777, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's...

Here's the output copied from the cmd window and it clearly shows I can select a disk Volume 4 NOT in the disk list! How I this possible? I am trying to get that drive back inline and this behavior is very suspect. FTR, a full "reformat" yesterday using disk management where the disk actually shows up miraculously as a healthy RAW primary partition! went to 100% and returned with an error that the reformat was unsuccessful. DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free &nb

:)

dickroy3777, Sep 1, 2022

2. Will Windows 10 with a 1TB HDD work alright with a External SATA HDD cloned drive?

Hi, I'm about to get an External HDD"flat docking station"with an USB 3.0 to clone from my internal HDD. Will it make a difference which drive I use with Windows 10? Also, I'll be cloning this drive from a 1TB drive that only has 130GB on it that's 50%
    fragmented (after I use the defagger) The HDD drive I'll be cloning to is also 1TB, will the fragmented files from the internal HDD show up on the cloned drive? I hope that's not a "dull" question.

deerpark243, Sep 1, 2022
  3. dopefish9 Win User
    Secondary HDD not found by Optimize and Defrag

Hello,

Upgraded to Win10 a few weeks ago. I have a 240G primary SSD (CCan anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's... :) and 1TB internal secondary HDD (ECan anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's... :), plus a 1TB external USB backup drive (JCan anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's... :). I wanted to determine why the internal 1TB HDD seems to have some 'missing' space so I opened Optimize Drives.
    But Optimize Drives only lists the SSD (CCan anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's... :), USB drive (JCan anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's... :) and a System Reserved drive. It doesn't list the internal 1TB HDD.

So far my searches have turned up problems where extra drives aren't recognized at all, but mine works fine for everything else (I've moved Libraries there, created system images there, it shows in Explorer, etc.)

Edit: Device Manager indicates no issues with the drive. I've also right-clicked from Explorer > Properties > Tools > Optimize, and the list is still missing this drive.

Can anyone explain this or provide a solution?

Thank you!

Stephen

dopefish9, Sep 1, 2022
  4. Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's...

Windows 10 fresh install with OS on SSD and C:\Users on HDD using DISKPART?

I would like to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on my machine which has a 240GB SSD and 1TB HDD. I understand two of the more popular options to move Users content to the HDD - either within the OS using the Libraries, or using junction points
    - but I would like to take it a step further and mount the HDD as C:\Users either before installation or post-installation.

Is this a supported configuration by Microsoft? If so are there any specific instructions in doing so?

If not, I understand it's still possible by opening a command prompt during installation and using DISKPART to configure the two drives, but if it's not supported I'd like to know what troubles I may be running into as a result. For example, Windows boot
    will look for the Users folder before it's mounted by the OS.

Basically I want just one drive - C: - to show up in the OS and have the fact that a 1TB HDD is backing the Users folder be transparent.

Brian Abram, Sep 1, 2022
Thema:

Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's...

1. Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's... - Similar Threads - anyone explain diskpart

2. can anyone please explain this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone please explain this?: can anyone please explain to me about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-please-explain-this/6665b138-9d21-4899-9c97-419be5e99748
  3. can anyone please explain this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can anyone please explain this?: can anyone please explain to me about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-please-explain-this/6665b138-9d21-4899-9c97-419be5e99748
  4. can anyone please explain this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's...: Here's the output copied from the cmd window and it clearly shows I can select a disk Volume 4 NOT in the disk list! How I this possible? I am trying to get that drive back inline and this behavior is very suspect. FTR, a full "reformat" yesterday using disk management where...
  6. Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone explain this Windows 10 diskpart output involving a 1TB internal HDD that's...: Here's the output copied from the cmd window and it clearly shows I can select a disk Volume 4 NOT in the disk list! How I this possible? I am trying to get that drive back inline and this behavior is very suspect. FTR, a full "reformat" yesterday using disk management where...
  7. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  8. Guys can anyone explain(Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys can anyone explain(Windows 10): [ATTACH] guys explain i have issue in win10 submitted by /u/usernamebeingtaken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln7ke5/guys_can_anyone_explainwindows_10/
  9. Can anyone explain that what is this?

Can anyone explain that what is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5qq2v/can_anyone_explain_that_what_is_this/
  10. Can anyone explain this ____ to me?

Can anyone explain this ____ to me?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/6f7meuur2us41.png?width=1422&format=png&auto=webp&s=335b74cff7c8e0788fee3a1b88c6db5e65137abd submitted by /u/kiriiya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1bwpj/can_anyone_explain_this_to_me/