Windows 10: Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?

Discus and support Can anyone get Cortana to talk ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i installed Windows 10 Pro on 4 PCS running windows 8.1 pro. All of them have sound working, but Cortana does not say a darn thing. I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robinb9, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Robinb9 Win User

Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?

i installed Windows 10 Pro on 4 PCS running windows 8.1 pro. All of them have sound working, but Cortana does not say a darn thing. I have no microphone hooked up but I thought she still answers when you type something? Yes or NO. In the Preview 10 I got her to answer on one of the earlier builds but that only one, the newer builds she did not talk at all.

I installed it on 3 laptops. One does not have touch, the other 2 has but sound works on all 3.

On the surface pro 3 cortana is a bit flacky, she talks when in the mood.

On my laptop with no touch she does not talk at all, tells me there is a problem with a the sound but music plays fine on the laptop.

On my other one that has touch, it is a dell inspiron, same problem she does not talk at all and sound is fine.

I really do not care about the desktops not talking but i use 2 of these laptops to show off windows 10 at seminars so I really would like Cortana to talk

Anyone else seeing this problem and what to do to fix it?

:)

Robinb9, Jul 30, 2015

2. Cortana problems

when I use Cortana I keep getting "Sorry, the internet and I aren't talking right now." the internet is running fine . can anyone help with this problem?

Dontee9999, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    The 'Learn how I say "Hey Cortana"' button does not work.

Hi Dominik,

This might occur if there is an issue with your Microsoft account or a misconfiguration in Cortana settings. In this case, we suggest that you first try to reconfigure Cortana again by following these steps:

1. On the Taskbar, in the Search
    window, type Cortana.

2. In the results click Cortana & Search Settings (in System Settings).

3. Verify that the following options are enabled:

• Let Cortana respond to “Hey Cortana” to talk to Cortana.
    • Respond when anyone says “Hey Cortana” to let anyone talk to Cortana.
    • If desired, Use Cortana when my device is locked.
    4. Under Microphone and Make sure Cortana can hear me, click Get Started.

5. Work through the wizard to set up the microphone.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?

1. Can anyone get Cortana to talk ? - Similar Threads - anyone Cortana talk

2. Can anyone talk to me from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone talk to me from Microsoft: I need new Lumia phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-talk-to-me-from-microsoft/75b394f9-5832-45a2-96e0-34801ac31923
  3. Can anyone talk to me from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone talk to me from Microsoft: I need new Lumia phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-talk-to-me-from-microsoft/75b394f9-5832-45a2-96e0-34801ac31923
  4. Mic used in talking to Cortana

in Cortana
    Mic used in talking to Cortana: Does a Snowball mic work with Cortana in Windows 10, version 10.0.0.18362, build 18362? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-used-in-talking-to-cortana/555e79fa-16d2-4590-85eb-572b8f3af756"
  5. Can't talk on cortana

in Cortana
    Can't talk on cortana: can't talk to cortana on pc * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: how can i on cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-talk-on-cortana/1681f6b4-803c-419c-bba7-91c0f17e573a"
  6. Talk to Cortana

in Cortana
    Talk to Cortana: Do I need an external microphone to talk to Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/talk-to-cortana/a8624b3f-ce90-4368-ae20-f861d3beafbb"
  7. How do you get Cortana to talk?

How do you get Cortana to talk?: I can't seem to get it to talk. It only answers my questions through text or does a Bing search. 9777
  8. Anyone else getting Cortana spam?

Anyone else getting Cortana spam?: This started two days ago: Whenever I click on the taskbar search box, Cortana pops up, as always; but now, instead of just showing my local weather, there is a message, "Get Cortana on your phone", with links for Android, Windows Phone, and iPhone. [img] I tried a...
  9. cortana wont talk

cortana wont talk: *Confusedcortana was prettyfuly working without any problem but after 1511 update it wont respond to me and write:something went wrong try again a bit later .... but i beleive it hears me because when i say hey cortana it shows cortana >>>>> thanks in advance 43405
  10. Can Not get Cortana to work on PC

Can Not get Cortana to work on PC: I have my microphone and sound set up correctly. They both work in other applications. I also have Cortana set to on. However, when I click on Cortana's microphone there is no voice, only text asking what she can do for me. I say hey Cortana" and ask something and get no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get cortana to talk