Windows 10: can anyone help i am trying to install window 10 on my computer that is running windows 7

Discus and support can anyone help i am trying to install window 10 on my computer that is running windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can anyone help i am trying to install window 10 on my computer that is running windows 7 home it has reached the install to input area - keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffreyBarnesg, Jul 22, 2018.

1. can anyone help i am trying to install window 10 on my computer that is running windows 7

can anyone help i am trying to install window 10 on my computer that is running windows 7 home it has reached the install to input area - keyboard cholce etc after filling this in i clicked on express setting and it sends me back to input area this seemed to be in loop have tried 7 time also i changed the administrator password in the bios which i have to apply at start up has anyone an idea so the password is blank. thanks

:)

GeoffreyBarnesg, Jul 22, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 27, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

can anyone help i am trying to install window 10 on my computer that is running windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

can anyone help i am trying to install window 10 on my computer that is running windows 7

1. can anyone help i am trying to install window 10 on my computer that is running windows 7 - Similar Threads - anyone help trying

2. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?: Hello,I had to reboot an old computer to factory settings and it reverted back to Windows 8. I tried updating it to windows 10 and the error message "0x80072f8f-0x20000" keeps coming up. Some forums suggest to update first to Windows 8.1 but this is no longer available. Is it...
  3. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?: Hello,I had to reboot an old computer to factory settings and it reverted back to Windows 8. I tried updating it to windows 10 and the error message "0x80072f8f-0x20000" keeps coming up. Some forums suggest to update first to Windows 8.1 but this is no longer available. Is it...
  4. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am not able to scan. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to scan. Can anyone help?: Last week I downloaded Windows 11. I have a Brother DCP-L2540 DW. All works well including printing. However, in the Brother's Utility, I can't open Control Center 4 so that I would be able to scan something. I contacted Brother support 3 times. Did all kinds of...
  6. I am not able to scan. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to scan. Can anyone help?: Last week I downloaded Windows 11. I have a Brother DCP-L2540 DW. All works well including printing. However, in the Brother's Utility, I can't open Control Center 4 so that I would be able to scan something. I contacted Brother support 3 times. Did all kinds of...
  7. I am trying to install HP Laserjet 1018 in my desktop computer Windows 7. This model is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install HP Laserjet 1018 in my desktop computer Windows 7. This model is not...: I am trying to install HP Laserjet 1018 printer in my desktop computer with Windows7 . This model of HP printer is not shown on the list. How to resolve this issue. Can anyone help me....
  8. I am trying to install windows 10 upgrading my windows 7 computer

I am trying to install windows 10 upgrading my windows 7 computer: I have no anti-virus SW on the laptop I have over 80 Gb free I have passed all computer checks I have tried the install 3 times with the last time having the internet off The install stops at 59%...... What can I do? Dave...
  9. [Help] I am trying to delete windows 7 from my E drive because I am running Win 10 on my C...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] I am trying to delete windows 7 from my E drive because I am running Win 10 on my C...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EggShweg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm1a5u/help_i_am_trying_to_delete_windows_7_from_my_e/
  10. I am trying yo upload windows 10 to my computer running on windows professional 7 currently...

I am trying yo upload windows 10 to my computer running on windows professional 7 currently...: Keep getting a message that this pc is not compatible when upgrading to windows 10. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-yo-upload-windows-10-to-my-computer/e1f137e8-594f-4ad2-844a-4f2d20e4b5ff