Windows 10: Can anyone help me to unlock my bitlocked drive got locked itself on formatting C drive

Discus and support Can anyone help me to unlock my bitlocked drive got locked itself on formatting C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone help me to unlock Bitlocked drive. Recovery key not available on device or usb. It get autolocked on formatting only C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RameshChandra6, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Can anyone help me to unlock my bitlocked drive got locked itself on formatting C drive

Can anyone help me to unlock Bitlocked drive. Recovery key not available on device or usb. It get autolocked on formatting only C drive

:)

RameshChandra6, Jun 26, 2021

2. Unlock an eternal drive bitlocker

Vijay,

This is a Seagate external expansion hard drive (1 Terrabyte). I never had any issues with the drive until yesterday when I disconnected and reconnected it. At that point the Locked symbol showed up. I am told that I need to provide a password or recovery
    key to unlock the bitlocker. I did not put the bitlocker into effect. Therefore I do not have a password or recovery key code to unlock it. This is a Microsoft software caused issue.

I spoke to a tech person from Seagate who told me this is an unsecured external drive with no encryption and that I needed to speak with Microsoft about unlocking the drive.

I did shut down the computer as you suggested and the drive still has a locked symbol.

I appreciate your help on this. If I cannot get the drive unlocked I will have to speak to a Microsoft tech person for $50 about a problem that Microsoft caused. Not good...

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay C

JayChatzkel, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Locking an Unlocked BitLocker Enabled Drive

Hi, I searched for an option to lock an unlocked BitLocker enabled drive but couldn't find anything. The unlocked drive is accessible by the other user when switching the user account. There should be an option to lock the drive when a user has finished.

I hereby suggest to modify the context menu as shown in the image:

Can anyone help me to unlock my bitlocked drive got locked itself on formatting C drive 2a4e8383-9719-4390-bae9-e1852440ad08?upload=true.png

I am sure this will help the users a lot.

Thank you

Zafar Malik, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Can anyone help me to unlock my bitlocked drive got locked itself on formatting C drive

Unlock an eternal drive bitlocker

I have an eternal drive that has never had a bit locker issue. I connected it to my laptop computer, which now indicates that the drive is locked and I need a password to unlock. This apparently is a bitlocker issue. I understand this is a Microsoft issue,
    not a hardware issue.

What can I do to unlock this drive? I never encrypted it and have no password to unlock the bitlocker?

Alll help on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay C

JayChatzkel, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

Can anyone help me to unlock my bitlocked drive got locked itself on formatting C drive

1. Can anyone help me to unlock my bitlocked drive got locked itself on formatting C drive - Similar Threads - anyone help unlock

2. my drive c: got formatted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my drive c: got formatted: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-got-formatted/6e23008b-6bd4-4170-9d3a-ee884c6df4ab
  3. my drive c: got formatted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my drive c: got formatted: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-got-formatted/6e23008b-6bd4-4170-9d3a-ee884c6df4ab
  4. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  5. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  6. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bitlocker has locked my C Drive

Bitlocker has locked my C Drive: I have a laptop from my old job. That company has since gone under. I have no access to the bitlocker key as the company had set the laptop up. I have tried various system recoveries, rebooting system via the bios, trying to unlock the C drive via cmd but nothing works....
  8. Cannot unlock my Drive which is locked by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot unlock my Drive which is locked by Bitlocker: Hello, I got a new laptop Dell g3 3500 which has a windows installed on it Jan and few days ago it crashed regarding a new update from Microsoft and I couldn't open it again, So I installed another windows and of course all the data on drive C removed formatted, when I...
  9. Cannot unlock my Drive which is locked by Bitlocker

Cannot unlock my Drive which is locked by Bitlocker: Dears, Could you please provide me with the Microsoft support Email to be able to find a solution with them regarding my critical problem. Thanks...
  10. Locking an Unlocked BitLocker Enabled Drive

Locking an Unlocked BitLocker Enabled Drive: Hi, I searched for an option to lock an unlocked BitLocker enabled drive but couldn't find anything. The unlocked drive is accessible by the other user when switching the user account. There should be an option to lock the drive when a user has finished. I hereby suggest...