Windows 10: Can anyone help me with mouse hell?

Discus and support Can anyone help me with mouse hell? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP Spectre X360 with an 8th generation i7 processor. It is a very flaky machine, but things have become impossible. I have two new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StuckInSeattleWith, May 2, 2019.

1. Can anyone help me with mouse hell?

Hi, I have an HP Spectre X360 with an 8th generation i7 processor. It is a very flaky machine, but things have become impossible.

I have two new problems in the last couple of months. First, when I clink on a hyperlink or double click on an Excel or Word file to open it, nothing happens. It seems like the cursor moves on its own, and I have to be very careful to hold the mouse exactly in place to get a click to register. Double clicks are even harder. The frustrating thing is that I also am getting a huge lag after double clicking on a program before it opens. Word files normal do nothing for 5 seconds before showing any sign that I successfully double clicked on them, and half the time there is no double click. I instinctively try again after a few seconds, and then it might open twice. Or not at all. I am down to right clicking and open, but after 30 years of double clicking that is annoying to say the least.

The delay seems to vary by time and application. For example, Foxit Phantom PDF can take 15 seconds before it starts to open.

I also am having Word application go into a spinning wheel over a simple command for no reason. If I wait 20 seconds, sometimes it will resolve, and sometimes it will not. The whole computer has become a pain to work on.

I have done a fresh install deleting all files and wiping the drives, but no change.

If it helps, my Event Viewer also is going nuts. In half an hour today, I have 27 Event Viewer errors (0 - Intel Audion (6), 1000 (2), 2004 (3), 1101 (1), 7024 (2), 10016 (12). I also have tons of warnings: 37 (2) 200 (5), 201 (2), 202 (4), 202 (5), 219 (14), 360 (2), 1008 (13), 10002 (1), 15300 (2), 15301 (2).

I have no clue about event viewer. I have tried to resolve some of them but don't understand how.

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

:)

StuckInSeattleWith, May 2, 2019

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, May 2, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 2, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Can anyone help me with mouse hell?

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Can anyone help me with mouse hell?

1. Can anyone help me with mouse hell? - Similar Threads - anyone help mouse

2. can anyone help me with this???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help me with this???: A few hours ago we got new fibre broadband installed, and everything is working, other than this computer, it browses the internet but that is all it can do, I tried launching epic games launcher, steam and the xbox game pass app. Unfortunately they dont seem to work, could...
  3. can anyone help me with this???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone help me with this???: A few hours ago we got new fibre broadband installed, and everything is working, other than this computer, it browses the internet but that is all it can do, I tried launching epic games launcher, steam and the xbox game pass app. Unfortunately they dont seem to work, could...
  4. Can anyone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me?: I downloaded the Windows 11 OS recently on my Acer i5 lap.. But after two days, my lap screen went black. Now I cant see anything from my lap. Also, the blue light comes and goes off from time to time. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?...
  5. can anyone help me with this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can anyone help me with this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffd30f80ed5778, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80145adca01, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b6d03c2b-d822-4a2d-a4d4-9274fd303b19....
  6. can anyone help me with this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help me with this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffd30f80ed5778, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80145adca01, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b6d03c2b-d822-4a2d-a4d4-9274fd303b19....
  7. Can anyone help me with this ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can anyone help me with this ?: My laptop keep on experience some electic "buzz" sound whenever i watch a video or listen to a music. After i troubleshoot it still the same, here is the description. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks in advance!! Diagnostics Troubleshooting Wizard Description...
  8. can anyone help me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can anyone help me: [ATTACH] Okay, my start menu isn't working it say critical error even i restart its still the same pls send help brand :View Paker Type: Windows 10 https://preview.redd.it/opuq0py8nuu51.jpg?width=600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d90018c49e0671cd2092fe047226617003b7e0fb...
  9. Can anyone help me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone help me?: I tried to optimize my system for better gaming. And after all the operations, i hit the restart button. But its restarting. It keeps showing the Dell logo and restarts. It keeps showing following errors: Critical Service Failed. SESSION1 INITIALIZATION FAILED. REFMON...
  10. CAN ANYONE HELP ME??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME??: A window popped up on my screen asking me to check the box if I wanted my computer for private/home use or public use. The public box was already checked and I accidently hit enter, but I really wanted to check the private box. I have gone into my settings to try and change...