Windows 10: Can anyone help with extremely slow load and operation of some progs?

Discus and support Can anyone help with extremely slow load and operation of some progs? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is my partner's computer (my best guess is 5+ years old) Windows 10 Desktop Dell Intel RCore I3 CPU 530 at 2.93GHzInstalled memory Ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Neil23, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Neil23 Win User

Can anyone help with extremely slow load and operation of some progs?

This is my partner's computer (my best guess is 5+ years old)

Windows 10 Desktop Dell Intel RCore I3 CPU 530 at 2.93GHzInstalled memory Ram 3.00GB2.7GB usableSystem Type 64BitX64 Base Processor

The computer is VERY slow to start -up from switch on to usable 5 mins approx?

Word is very slow to load and then not responding
    GIMP can just about work with it but on a big file unable to save - 'Not responding' and doesn't save...

Other programmes may also have problems but these are the main two that are used.

Start button won't shutdown
    CTL -ALT-DEL where shutdown blue screen and spinning which doesn't seem to shutdown after 30 mins or so... only way to shutdown is via on/off button on base unit.

Help anyone?

:)

Neil23, Sep 25, 2018
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Sep 25, 2018
  3. andrekish Win User
    Extremely slow Windows Explorer. Please help.

Hello - there's solution posted here - but cannot say if it works totally yet though but it has helped me just now. Hope it helps you too. Save any work open first, before you do this.

Taken from site at this board - Solved File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files - Windows 10 Forums

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

-- Your system will need a restart when it reconfigures itself so save any work first. I tried this myself and it ran slow first time while it indexed slow directories - then after I closed file explorer and reloaded it it ran fast on slow directories. I hope it helps you. Best of luck and best wishes.

andrekish, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Guttboy Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Namslas.....link to do that? I removed Skype and a bunch of other progs that I dont use often to see if they were the culprits. Or a step by step?

Guttboy, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Can anyone help with extremely slow load and operation of some progs? - Similar Threads - anyone help extremely

2. Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow: Have used Clipchamp before to edit videos taken with a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone without problems of my grandson's taekwondo class. Yesterday recorded another video of his class with a Galaxy S24. Clipchamp is extremely slow loading the video shot with the S24 while the videos...
  3. Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow: Have used Clipchamp before to edit videos taken with a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone without problems of my grandson's taekwondo class. Yesterday recorded another video of his class with a Galaxy S24. Clipchamp is extremely slow loading the video shot with the S24 while the videos...
  4. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  5. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  6. MY computer is really slow, can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY computer is really slow, can anyone help?: SO i reset my PC about 2-3 weeks ago and ever saints, my computer has been very slow with most apps taking 5-10 minutes to open, other apps are struggling to connect to internet and some are just not opening at all. does anyone know what's going on? do i need to install...
  7. Extremely slow loading times in certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow loading times in certain games: Hello! I have recently replaced the HDD in my laptop and performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and am having a problem where certain games simply do not load correctly and will take an extremely long time, if they load at all. One such example is Deep Rock...
  8. All browsers loading extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers loading extremely slow.: Started last couple days, I mostly use edge and it takes forever to load a page, just did a couple test, Facebook (login page) took about 12 seconds to load, Amazon took just over a minute to load, I know it's not my Internet speed, any speed test comes out normal, if I...
  9. internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load: hi I am helping my mom fix her internet connection and have a couple questions. First she is using a wi-fi connection with spectrum and the bars on the control bar are showing 1 or none but its the only thing on the network running right now. 2 facebook games don't run...
  10. File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow: I've been having this problem recently, I honestly dont know what it is. My computer runs smoothly, up until I open up file explorer and it basically doesn't load. It's been sitting there for at least 40 minutes. If anyone can shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it....