Windows 10: Can anyone help with restoring files from a deleted user?

Discus and support Can anyone help with restoring files from a deleted user? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My father had some issues with a corrupted user so he tried to delete the user, but when he deleted it he accidentally clicked to delete the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NateBoutin, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Can anyone help with restoring files from a deleted user?

My father had some issues with a corrupted user so he tried to delete the user, but when he deleted it he accidentally clicked to delete the files instead of keep them... Is there any way to restore the files? Or anything? My family is incredibly panicked over this, any help would be really appreceadted.

submitted by /u/NateBoutin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NateBoutin, Mar 4, 2021
  2. suraswami Win User

Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Pinchy Win User

I cant remember if it recovers old files OR leaves new files on the computer even after you do the restore. I havent used it in a while.

Pinchy, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Pinchy Win User

Can anyone help with restoring files from a deleted user?

Oh.

So your running the backup software from the server and not the computer.

Yep I see whats happened. Just for the future (althought I am sure you wont make the same mistake again) make sure you select and option that says "if it cant find the file, DONT delete". If it doesnt have that option...switch to SynbackSE.

An FYI: difference between incremental and differential is that differential copies all new / changed files since the last full backup......incremental copies all new / changed files since the last backup no matter what it was (incremental/full/differential).

Now to get your files back:

Tried a system restore on the server?

Pinchy, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Can anyone help with restoring files from a deleted user?

1. Can anyone help with restoring files from a deleted user? - Similar Threads - anyone help restoring

2. can I restore a deleted file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I restore a deleted file: Can I restore a deleted file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-restore-a-deleted-file/5ca358d9-0954-412d-968c-171a734d1138
  3. can I restore a deleted file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I restore a deleted file: Can I restore a deleted file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-restore-a-deleted-file/5ca358d9-0954-412d-968c-171a734d1138
  4. I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?: When I try to delete it I get this "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". Click on Yes, then a popup appears: "There are pending system changes. You must reboot before you can uninstall Restoro, would you like to reboot now?"Rebooting just takes me...
  5. I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?: When I try to delete it I get this "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". Click on Yes, then a popup appears: "There are pending system changes. You must reboot before you can uninstall Restoro, would you like to reboot now?"Rebooting just takes me...
  6. System Restore - Deleting user files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore - Deleting user files.: Hi there, My computer keeps freezing every couple of months and I need to format it. I have a lot of software that I need for my work and they take a long time to download. I want to use System Restore to go back to when I formatted and installed the software. I know System...
  7. Restoring deleted user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring deleted user: Hi. So basically I messed up big time. After using our family computer for one year I decided to create a user for each family member. Before we were all using same user. So i make 3 new users and delete the old one. After a few hours I figured out I lost all of appdata I had...
  8. Help on restore permanently deleted files!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help on restore permanently deleted files!: Hi I accidentally permanently deleted a very important folder, is there a way to get it back?!!! Thank you!!! submitted by /u/HistoricalTouch0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8412w/help_on_restore_permanently_deleted_files/
  9. Can anyone help identify this file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anyone help identify this file?: I have found a file called runexehelper.exe in my Windows\System32 folder. It's creation date is similar to the rest of the Windows files for my current build (16199), but unlike all the other Windows files, it does not contain any Details information in Properties->Details...
  10. Can You Restore Deleted User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can You Restore Deleted User Account?: I accidentally deleted a user account. Is there a way to get it back without doing a system restore? Is the system restore my only option? 14465