Windows 10: Can Anyone Help With This (tech but not a windows issue)

Discus and support Can Anyone Help With This (tech but not a windows issue) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone throw any light on this for me… I recently received some (expected) data from a company (known to me) on a sponsors ‘giveaway’ 1GB USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dougal, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Dougal Win User

Can Anyone Help With This (tech but not a windows issue)

Can anyone throw any light on this for me…

I recently received some (expected) data from a company (known to me) on a sponsors ‘giveaway’ 1GB USB stick. This data was (or should have been) just 5 JPG files within a folder. Upon plugging in the USB device, there was a much longer delay than usual before my PC displayed the contents.

I always have my PC set to ‘Show Hidden Files’. There are 6 hidden files, and 2 hidden folders. Each folder containing unidentifiable hidden files. Some of these I can open and some I can’t. The files I can open, clearly contain information that can ONLY have been obtained from my PC after plugging into the USB port. Most files ‘appear’ to be .pdf and .docx files, containing shortcuts to other files on my PC!

Needless to say, I have since isolated the PC from my network.

Any ideas guys?

:)

Dougal, Mar 30, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Can Anyone Help With This (tech but not a windows issue)

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Can Anyone Help With This (tech but not a windows issue)

1. Can Anyone Help With This (tech but not a windows issue) - Similar Threads - Anyone Help tech

2. Error when logging in - can anyone help?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Error when logging in - can anyone help?: I have seemingly been locked out of my main account on my PC. It was working fine the day before, but I now get this error when I attempt to log in: [IMG]I am still able to log into the computer through my administrator account. Is there a way to fix this issue without...
  3. Can Anyone Help With Keyboard Issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can Anyone Help With Keyboard Issue?: I think this maybe a common issue, but haven't yet found a fix:-( I've just bought a new USB keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX (not RGB) On cold startup of the PC (not hot reset), the keyboard no longer works (although still receives USB power as red LEDs on). Works fine if I...
  4. Tech help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tech help: This installation package could not be opened.Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. I get this error trying to install the java Minecraft edition from...
  5. can anyone help me out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can anyone help me out: i can't install ms access database engine 2016 into my system(windows 10 -with 64 bit) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-anyone-help-me-out/c9f7f4f9-68b7-4f16-b02e-4aeed1bb2129
  6. Can anyone help 'reinstall' Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can anyone help 'reinstall' Bluetooth?: Hi, I would like to use Bluetooth on my windows 10 desktop to copy some video files across from a mobile device to my desktop. But the Bluetooth Icon isn't there - and it isn't installed in programs or in devices... Help anyone? My partner has a similar Windows 10 desktop...
  7. Can anyone help 'reinstall' Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can anyone help 'reinstall' Bluetooth?: Hi, I would like to use Bluetooth on my windows 10 desktop to copy some video files across from a mobile device to my desktop. But the Bluetooth Icon isn't there - and it isn't installed in programs or in devices... Help anyone? My partner has a similar Windows 10 desktop...
  8. Anyone Can Help!

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone Can Help!: can someone do this for me got to chrome icon and right click>properties>change icon and copy paste what it says in the text box. thanks in advance 59505
  9. Can anyone help identify this file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anyone help identify this file?: I have found a file called runexehelper.exe in my Windows\System32 folder. It's creation date is similar to the rest of the Windows files for my current build (16199), but unlike all the other Windows files, it does not contain any Details information in Properties->Details...
  10. Windows 10 Cumulative update issues - can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Cumulative update issues - can anyone help?: I'm hoping somebody might be able to advise me on an issue I'm having. I'm not the most techy so I'm hoping I can explain it accurately. It seems to be (from what I have discovered) linked to the Windows 10 Cumulative Updates. Issue 1 began on the 28/01/16 as soon as...