Windows 10: Can anyone make a script to show the correct ram of a video card

Discus and support Can anyone make a script to show the correct ram of a video card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, a friend of mine is making an app, but he can't manage to script the videocard ram if the video card has more than 4gb. E.g .: my son has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bundyal, Sep 11, 2020.

1. bundyal Win User

Can anyone make a script to show the correct ram of a video card

Hi, a friend of mine is making an app,
    but he can't manage to script the videocard ram if the video card has more than 4gb.
    E.g .: my son has the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER of 8GB,
    his script then shows a RAM memory (1,048,576) bytes.

DX_Diag does show 8GB of ram memory, but he can't do anything with it because that program saves it as a .txt file.

Is there a way to read the video card 8GB ram with a script to show the correct RAM of a video card.

As that NVidia Geforce DUAL-RTX 2070-8G has 8GB ram the routine maxes out at 4GB which is the limitation of the 32 bit API system, i have found a long winded way to get the ram figure out of the registry (two places in fact), but it not reliable as intel gfx gives a result of 0x00000040 (64 mb) so cannot really use that way.

dxdiag will show the correct amounts BUT its txt or xml file is very awkward to parse to get the data if more than one adaptor is fitted as i cannot see any DeviceID markers so i can split the data into sections.

So any Gfx adaptor that has more than 4Gib (Dedicated/Shared) will either result in a negative amount (rare now) or max 4GiB showing. as even 64bit windows has only 32bit API/WMIc operatives!

:)

bundyal, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Can anyone make a script to show the correct ram of a video card

1. Can anyone make a script to show the correct ram of a video card - Similar Threads - anyone script show

2. can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?: first it was just 1 and after 5 mins i got these 2 morealso found these running with the same spam like names and on top of that i dont have chrome on my pc...
  3. can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?: first it was just 1 and after 5 mins i got these 2 morealso found these running with the same spam like names and on top of that i dont have chrome on my pc...
  4. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card: I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I downloaded the drivers for the RTX 3060 laptop GPU from Nvidia's website and installed them. Later, I decided to run Speccy to...
  5. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card: I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I downloaded the drivers for the RTX 3060 laptop GPU from Nvidia's website and installed them. Later, I decided to run Speccy to...
  6. Laptop Hardware Utility Video Card RAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop Hardware Utility Video Card RAM: Hello Folks;Which Computer Hardware Utility you use or recommend to check out the motherboard, memory / RAM / and the VIDEO card, etc. \All 3 PC's are running Windows 10.Thank you....
  7. Do you know a way to read the video card ram with a script

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do you know a way to read the video card ram with a script: Hello Brink, or anyone else who knows this. Can I ask some questions here on the forum, sorry if I can't. Do you know a way to read the video card ram with a script. As that NVidia Geforce DUAL-RTX 2070-8G has 8GB ram the routine maxes out at 4GB which is the limitation of...
  8. checking if video card works correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    checking if video card works correctly: My display is just very slow on the web. Takes forever to load a page. Does not happen in other computers. What diagnostics can I run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-if-video-card-works-correctly/a3218132-68b3-41f4-b447-8f664c76f853
  9. Ram loss after installing new video card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Ram loss after installing new video card: Hey guys, I just installed my new video card, GT 710, and I noticed that I lost around 100 MB of RAM. Why's is that? Can I somehow get them back? When I was using the integrated graphics I had 3.24 GB available and now I have 3.12 GB. That's not a small amount for me, I...
  10. Looking for correct video card driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for correct video card driver: I'm using Win10TP 64-bit. I'm having trouble finding a correct driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT PCIe card. The OS just lists my driver as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". I did find one link below that lists a bunch of drivers for this cards but I don't know which one to...