Windows 10: Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon?

Discus and support Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My usb 3.1 drive icon ended up like a cpu like icon after i created it as bootable image from Ubuntu usb starter. When i came back to windows the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rahulnn, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Rahulnn Win User

Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon?

My usb 3.1 drive icon ended up like a cpu like icon after i created it as bootable image from Ubuntu usb starter. When i came back to windows the icon was like this. It's working fine. I tried formatting also but no use. Can anyone help me how to get rid of this ugly icon..?

:)

Rahulnn, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Mr McC Win User

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon? :confused:

Mr McC, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 7, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

1. Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon? - Similar Threads - anyone please help

2. Can anyone help me to fix this issue? Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me to fix this issue? Please: yesterday I had a problem I was working suddenly my files of 100gb+ inside my new 500 gb ssd got deleted automatically I don't know how it happened this SSD doesn't has windows later pc was working fine as usual then I turned it off. Today I turned on my computer seeing this...
  3. Can anyone help me to fix this issue? Please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me to fix this issue? Please: yesterday I had a problem I was working suddenly my files of 100gb+ inside my new 500 gb ssd got deleted automatically I don't know how it happened this SSD doesn't has windows later pc was working fine as usual then I turned it off. Today I turned on my computer seeing this...
  4. Please can anyone help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please can anyone help me: I have a Samsung notebook NP370R56It uses windows 7 because the original windows had errorsEvery time I upgrade my driversIntel R HD graphics white dots start to appear all round the screen and it makes the system really slowIs there anything I can do because I need a...
  5. Please can anyone help me

Please can anyone help me: I have a Samsung notebook NP370R56It uses windows 7 because the original windows had errorsEvery time I upgrade my driversIntel R HD graphics white dots start to appear all round the screen and it makes the system really slowIs there anything I can do because I need a...
  6. Can anyone help me with this please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me with this please?: I updated my PC from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro using its ISO file as I was not getting the update natively in the update settings section. After that I extended its rollback period from 10 days to 60 days, using Command Prompt in administrator mode. The command I used...
  7. Can anyone help me with this please?

Can anyone help me with this please?: I updated my PC from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro using its ISO file as I was not getting the update natively in the update settings section. After that I extended its rollback period from 10 days to 60 days, using Command Prompt in administrator mode. The command I used...
  8. Can anyone please help me with this Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone please help me with this Problem: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff80343548950, 0xfffff803435488a8, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 62c60b5d-5533-4ca5-b9a1-025d0dcaa8fc....
  9. Can anyone please help me with this Problem

Can anyone please help me with this Problem: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff80343548950, 0xfffff803435488a8, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 62c60b5d-5533-4ca5-b9a1-025d0dcaa8fc....
  10. Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon?: My usb 3.1 drive icon ended up like a cpu like icon after i created it as bootable image from Ubuntu usb starter. When i came back to windows the icon was like this. It's working fine. I tried formatting also but no use. Can anyone help me how to get rid of this ugly icon..?...