Windows 10: Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the default Voice Recorder app?

Discus and support Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the default Voice Recorder app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The Windows Voice Recorder is great but it doesn't let you change the default save location. I know about Audacity, but it is too cumbersome for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PriorInitiative, May 17, 2020.

1. Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the default Voice Recorder app?

The Windows Voice Recorder is great but it doesn't let you change the default save location.

I know about Audacity, but it is too cumbersome for my use. I want something where I can click to start, click to stop, and have the recording automatically saved in a predetermined location.

Can anyone recommend a good option?

submitted by /u/PriorInitiative
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PriorInitiative, May 17, 2020
  2. MarvelArt Win User

Need Voice Recording App

Hi, guys, I need a voice recording app which can record clearly the voice of mine. So please anybody have any suggestion regarding it can please share it with me.

MarvelArt, May 17, 2020
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    can't find voice recorder in Win10

Hi,

We suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the app. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder * | remove-appxpackage

4. Re-install the
    Window Voice Recorder
    app from the Windows Store.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vicky Acs, May 17, 2020
  4. Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the default Voice Recorder app?

Voice Recorder

Hello Linda,

Issues with Windows 10 apps can usually be fixed by running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. To do that, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If the problem persists, you may try to reinstall Voice Recorder by doing the following:

• Type in Powershell in the search field and hit Enter.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Click on Yes.
    • In the PowerShell box, type in or copy and paste Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage, and press Enter.
    • Once Voice Recorder is uninstalled, open the Store app, download, and install Voice Recorder.

Also, we suggest that you refer to the troubleshooting steps for fixing Cortana and Start menu on the link below:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the default Voice Recorder app?

1. Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the default Voice Recorder app? - Similar Threads - anyone recommend alternative

2. Voice Recording app not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recording app not working: Hi! I tried using my voice recording app today and to my surprise I was greeted with the message: "microphone not connected" in bright red letters. I have played around with the settings, troubleshooted, and I am at a loss of why suddenly the app isn't working. It was...
  3. Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?: Currently I have the following hard disk (WDC WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0), only I am bothered by the fact that my disk usage is constantly at 100%, I suspect that the disk is simply too slow in reading and writing, or are there other reasons for this, I would prefer a disk between 1...
  4. Can anyone recommend a good alarm app that allows the use of custom alarm tones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone recommend a good alarm app that allows the use of custom alarm tones?: pls help submitted by /u/Reri1600 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3i23h/can_anyone_recommend_a_good_alarm_app_that_allows/
  5. Can anyone recommend me a good antivirus for a new pc?

Can anyone recommend me a good antivirus for a new pc?: I just got my pc and was wondering if you could help me find a good antivirus, thanks for the help! submitted by /u/DispyBot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj279p/can_anyone_recommend_me_a_good_antivirus_for_a/
  6. Voice Recorder App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder App: I conducted an interview with Microsoft Teams and recorded the audio with the voice recorder app. I am unfamiliar with how the Teams recording function worked and figured the voice recorder work would still work. It did not. It captured my voice but not my interviewees'. Is...
  7. Voice Recording

Voice Recording: I have been recording meetings with Voice Recorder, am now trying to listen to these recordings but unable to hear any sound. I can hear prior recordings. I played around and figured that the microphone input made the difference. Is there anyway to retrieve the sound in...
  8. Voice Recorder App not working

Voice Recorder App not working: I can't get my Voice Recorder app to launch on Windows 10. My PC recognizes my mike, and I have downloaded the Voice recorder App, but the app refuses to move from the title page, which is simply the icon of the mike. When I hit Control R to record, nothing happens. I wonder...
  9. Does anyone know of a good free app to record just your voice with decent quality?

Does anyone know of a good free app to record just your voice with decent quality?: submitted by /u/Mayhem_Unlimited [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1bpcc/does_anyone_know_of_a_good_free_app_to_record/
  10. Voice rEcorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice rEcorder: Hi. Every so often, we’re given online training to do through the federal government website at work. These trainings are essentially interactive PowerPoint presentations, which have audio recordings giving the “lecture” part of the training. While I’m able to use the Snip...