Windows 10: Can anyone recommend external monitor for laptop with 1660 TI (Lenovo,

Discus and support Can anyone recommend external monitor for laptop with 1660 TI (Lenovo, in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Can anyone recommend external monitor for laptop with 1660 TI (Lenovo, Ryzen)? Looking for 24 inch at minimum. Max 27 inch. I will not be gaming but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pcumming, Sep 7, 2020.

1. pcumming Win User

Can anyone recommend external monitor for laptop with 1660 TI (Lenovo,

Can anyone recommend external monitor for laptop with 1660 TI (Lenovo, Ryzen)?

Looking for 24 inch at minimum. Max 27 inch.

I will not be gaming but watching videos, using Microsoft Office, Teamviewer, Zoom and the like.

Might edit a few movies but only for personal use.

Not a photographer or programmer.

Might lightly touch up some photos.

1920 x 1080 is the resolution of the laptop. Should I future proof a bit and go 2k for external monitor?

Is this a waste since prob next laptop would be 4k anyway 4 years from now?

2. Should the external monitor be a 144 hz panel to match the HDMI output (assuming it is also 144hz) or just get a different lower hz?

3. IPS panel perhaps?

Recommendations and links appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

:)

pcumming, Sep 7, 2020

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    usb monitors using graphics card

Hi isaac177,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the model number of AOC display monitor?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to setup the display using HDMI?

You can try to use an adaptor (USB/HDMI or VGA as the card has 3 slots) to connect to monitor. I would also suggest you to get in touch with Nvidia to know more about this as there can be output issues while using adaptors and your Graphic card (GTX
    1660 Ti) might not work as expected.

I suggest you to refer this
    NVidia
    support link, and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 7, 2020
  4. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Can anyone recommend external monitor for laptop with 1660 TI (Lenovo, - Similar Threads - anyone recommend external

2. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  3. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  4. Can anyone help me fix my lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me fix my lenovo laptop?: So i use a lenovo laptop and i totally reset it because it was acting wonky and when trying to set it up i got to the screen asking me to pick my language, and time. After putting it in i clicked next then it went to a screen telling me the problems why my PC wont start but...
  5. Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?: Currently I have the following hard disk (WDC WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0), only I am bothered by the fact that my disk usage is constantly at 100%, I suspect that the disk is simply too slow in reading and writing, or are there other reasons for this, I would prefer a disk between 1...
  6. 15 FPS GTA V despite GTX 1660 Ti?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    15 FPS GTA V despite GTX 1660 Ti?: Hello, I have a problem with GTA V, which I got new with my new laptop. The graphics and advanced graphics settings are currently set to the lowest values, because on high settings the GPU load was 100%. However, I only get around 15 FPS with the lowest settings, which...
  7. dual monitors GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    dual monitors GeForce GTX 1660 Ti: I used 2 monitors with my w7 computer that had 2 dvi outputs fine. One is a basic asus 24" and the other a toshiba laptop with a second party dvi driver board. This video card has a hdmi, dvi and displayport connections. I had to buy a hdmi cable for the asus. But the old...
  8. Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy: Hi all. I think I've decided on an upgrade to my GPU. At least, I've decided on the model. But there are so many versions that my head spins. I'm looking at these below. Can someone explain to me what's so different about them, or if any are better than the others? Also, how...
  9. NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti gaming GPU

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti gaming GPU: [img] Powered by 12th-Gen Turing Architecture, GTX 1660 Ti up to 3x Faster Than GTX 960, 1.5x Than GTX 1060; Available Today NVIDIA today introduced the GeForce® GTX® 1660 Ti, a new gaming GPU that delivers a big step up in performance and power efficiency for today’s most...
  10. External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop: After installing Technical Preview my Acer monitor is not detected when plugged in by VGA to Lenovo G500 laptop. This works on the 7 Dual Boot. I only see one Generic Monitor detected in Dev Mgr. All Devices were issued drivers at install. 2323