Windows 10: Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thanks! Um, there's a MicrosoftEdge.exe, and a MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, but neither one will run from double-clicking, nor using Run As Administrator.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Really1, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

Are you just trying to run Edge? By default Edge is on both the taskbar & Start menu, otherwise it can be found under "All Apps" on the Start menu.

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Edge can't be started by double-clicking the file.

3. Elizabeth Win User
    A not very elegant solution is to click on the three dots at the top right of Edge, select "Open in Windows Explorer" and drag the IE icon in the title bar to the desktop. This creates an IE shortcut, not an Edge shortcut. MS needs to fix this so that one can simply drag and drop from Edge.

Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2015
  4. mousegolf Win User

Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

This is how it should be, just like we have been able to do since Windows 98 through Windows 7. This process can be done in Windows 7 for files, favorites, folders, program (exe)....anything we want to see on our desktops as a shortcut. The need to right click the desktop, choose New Shortcut and paste the path to the file/folder/program(exe) is absurd for Desktop and Laptop users. The fact that a user has to search for the file to launch a program in the system and then copy that path to paste into the New Shortcut is totally Nuts! Sure, I can do it and so can other advanced Windows users but not main stream Windows PC (John and Jane). *Rolleyes

This is the FAMILIAR stuff I talk about in all my posts about how Windows dev team keeps failing since W8 to W10. Amazing! I sure hope my posts are helping the W7 users to slam on the breaks before upgrading to W10 too early. W10 needs a patch that addresses these relied upon tasks that stayed with Windows just like the QLA. (Quick Launch Area) and many other fast and efficient methods to customize and navigate Windows. *Eek

Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

mousegolf, Aug 18, 2015
  5. elbmek Win User
    Click on windows icon in task bar, all apps, and then find microsoft edge in pop up menu and drag to desktop. Took me a while but I figured it out

elbmek, May 27, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    I think the OP was talking about creating desktop shortcuts to webpages.

In Internet Explorer, you could right-click on any webpage and go to 'Create Shortcut'. This is extremely handy when carrying out research for example where you can just temporarily save lots of webpage links to desktop, then revisit them later to refer back to something or re-read them, etc. It's also handy for things like forum pages for example, where you can temporarily save a link to a page and come back to it later to see if anyone has replied with an answer.

In Microsoft Edge, it doesn't allow you to do that, it will only allow you to pin websites to the Start Screen, which isn't the same thing and would be a pain to use in the same way. 'Reading list' seems like it should work in theory, but it doesn't, so with Edge you would need to manually create desktop shortcuts to webpages, which would be an un-usable solution for people who are constantly creating and deleting temporary shortcuts.

Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

ARC1020, May 28, 2016
  7. elbmek Win User
    I read it as Edge shortcut. Without going into Sherlock Homes Mode it a bookmark to a given site can be created in IE, and then imported into Edge in settings/favourite settings/ import from IE - ????

Hang on, just opened a web site and then clicked on the STAR to create a favourite - save location and placed it into the toolbar BUT still trying to find how to make fav folders.

I have my imported bookmark folders in the toolbar I open one and it opens in a left hand panel, click on a folder in that panel and it opens the contents in the right hand panel!! Click on a link and there ya go

elbmek, May 28, 2016
  8. Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

Do any of the OPTIONS in this tutorial help?
    Microsoft Edge Shortcut - Create in Windows 10

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

1. Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - anyone tell create

2. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this: So weird things are happening with my computer for instance whenever I scroll it mangnifys or minimizes my screen whenever I scroll up or down whenever I play games it opens my menu or chat system and whenever I type it doesn't let me type and when I try to please j or I it...
  3. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this: So weird things are happening with my computer for instance whenever I scroll it mangnifys or minimizes my screen whenever I scroll up or down whenever I play games it opens my menu or chat system and whenever I type it doesn't let me type and when I try to please j or I it...
  4. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: Hello, I just bought a new laptop. Aat first it work fine but after a wibdows 10 update, It not show any after it booted up. It only show a blackscreen with a cursor, but explorer still running. Here is a picture about this....
  5. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: Hello, I just bought a new laptop. Aat first it work fine but after a wibdows 10 update, It not show any after it booted up. It only show a blackscreen with a cursor, but explorer still running. Here is a picture about this....
  6. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: so what happend is My mic isnt working so yeah i decide to uninstall realtek and install it again you KNOW what happend? when i download it my speaker wont work like i heard nothing when i turn off the headset i hear anything please help me i cant online class with this,...
  8. Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wchris63 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyltu2/can_anyone_tell_me_how_to_stop_this/
  9. Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a desktop shortcut in Edge: How can I create a desktop shortcut in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-in-edge/1917c980-a411-4213-96f0-e2d1eef6da9c
  10. can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can anyone tell me how to fix this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Lonely_Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvx9zq/can_anyone_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/