Windows 10: Can anyone tell me how to properly control scrolling in Windows?

Discus and support Can anyone tell me how to properly control scrolling in Windows? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No matter what program I'm in on my desktop computer, Windows always tries to "help" me by scrolling up and down when I'm working on a file. You might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Diadochos, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Diadochos Win User

Can anyone tell me how to properly control scrolling in Windows?

No matter what program I'm in on my desktop computer, Windows always tries to "help" me by scrolling up and down when I'm working on a file.

You might think that even if Windows had literally NO idea what it was doing, it would choose the correct direction to scroll about 50% of the time.

But in fact, it guesses right only about FIVE PERCENT of the time. It's nearlyALWAYS wrong.

Moreover, it very frequently scrolls up and down even when I don't want it to scroll at all.

This has been going on for YEARS. And I've tried EVERYTHING to fix the problem - even reinstalling Windows from scratch several times. But all to no avail.

This is MADDENING. I want this to end NOW, and I want it to endPERMANENTLY.

I would just buy a new computer, but that's not cheap, and what guarantee would I have that the same problem wouldn't just keep repeating itself?

Can ANYBODY help me with this unending nightmare?!

Thanks for any help.

COMPUTER:
    Lenovo ThinkCentre M75e 5042 A7U desktop
    Processors: ACPI x64-based PC with 4 AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processors 3.00 GHz
    RAM: 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable 4 × Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600 UDIMM
    System type: 64-bit OS

HARD DRIVE:
    3.5"
    internal
    WD Blue SATA
    model: WD10EZEX-08WN4A0
    capacity: 1.0 TB
    cache: 64 MB
    RPM: 7200

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

:)

Diadochos, Jun 12, 2020
  2. VroDAX Win User

Feedback: All Apps Start menu does not scroll properly when folder is expanded

I would like to report a bug in the scrollbar handling for the All Apps list in the Start Menu. When you expand one or more folders in the All Apps list the scrollbar does not track the mouse properly.

Duplication steps:

In the Start Menu click All Apps

Scroll down to the Windows Accessories folder and click on it to expand it.

Now, using the mouse, click and hold on the scrollbar button then scroll back and forth to the top and bottom of the list.

The mouse does not stay on the scrollbar as you scroll. In order to scroll all the way to the top or the bottom. You have to release the mouse button and click and hold again to scroll all the way to either end.

Most likely this occurs because the scollbar maximum property is not properly set when folders are expanded.

VroDAX, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 12, 2020
  4. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Can anyone tell me how to properly control scrolling in Windows? - Similar Threads - anyone tell properly

2. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this: So weird things are happening with my computer for instance whenever I scroll it mangnifys or minimizes my screen whenever I scroll up or down whenever I play games it opens my menu or chat system and whenever I type it doesn't let me type and when I try to please j or I it...
  3. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this: So weird things are happening with my computer for instance whenever I scroll it mangnifys or minimizes my screen whenever I scroll up or down whenever I play games it opens my menu or chat system and whenever I type it doesn't let me type and when I try to please j or I it...
  4. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: Hello, I just bought a new laptop. Aat first it work fine but after a wibdows 10 update, It not show any after it booted up. It only show a blackscreen with a cursor, but explorer still running. Here is a picture about this....
  6. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: Hello, I just bought a new laptop. Aat first it work fine but after a wibdows 10 update, It not show any after it booted up. It only show a blackscreen with a cursor, but explorer still running. Here is a picture about this....
  7. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: so what happend is My mic isnt working so yeah i decide to uninstall realtek and install it again you KNOW what happend? when i download it my speaker wont work like i heard nothing when i turn off the headset i hear anything please help me i cant online class with this,...
  9. Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wchris63 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyltu2/can_anyone_tell_me_how_to_stop_this/
  10. can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can anyone tell me how to fix this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Lonely_Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvx9zq/can_anyone_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/