Windows 10: Can anyone tell me what Drive F is?

Discus and support Can anyone tell me what Drive F is? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I created a USB Windows 10 installation disk - and it showed up as Drive F. I've since removed the USB drive - but Drive F still shows in Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nisko, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Nisko Win User

Can anyone tell me what Drive F is?

I created a USB Windows 10 installation disk - and it showed up as Drive F. I've since removed the USB drive - but Drive F still shows in Disk Management - and the installation USB thumb drive shows as Drive H. I have no other drives attached to my PC and can't figure out what Drive F is. When I open it, it has some folders and text files on it - so I don't know what it represents.
    Windows 10 Pro vs. 1809. If it helps to know what's on it, I can also post a screenshot of the contents.

:)

Nisko, Dec 28, 2019

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Dec 28, 2019
  3. DarylDFS Win User
    Windows 10 missing F drive

Followed all steps as directed. diskmgmt,msc does not list F: drive and none of the unallocated drives is large enough to be my F: (Samsung SM-G920V). Any brighter ideas?

DarylDFS, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Can anyone tell me what Drive F is?

Windows 10 missing F drive

Hi Judy,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

• Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?
    • Have you performed a Clean Install?
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

Get back to us with the information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Can anyone tell me what Drive F is?

1. Can anyone tell me what Drive F is? - Similar Threads - anyone tell Drive

2. Can anyone tell me what this key is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me what this key is?: weird reg key called HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\GamesConfigServer.Cat1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-tell-me-what-this-key-is/0367bf7f-4268-496b-af45-5a69b2c4c4c9
  3. Can anyone tell me what this key is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone tell me what this key is?: weird reg key called HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\GamesConfigServer.Cat1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-tell-me-what-this-key-is/0367bf7f-4268-496b-af45-5a69b2c4c4c9
  4. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can anyone tell what this is?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffa80a13e65010Parameter 2: fffff8056d5c60c8Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 44cOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033...
  5. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone tell what this is?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffa80a13e65010Parameter 2: fffff8056d5c60c8Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 44cOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033...
  6. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can anyone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me what this is?: I saw this on the top left of my screen on the regular desktop part with no windows opened and I can move it around with my cursor but that’s it, don’t know what it is please help me...
  8. Can somebody please tell me what the F is going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can somebody please tell me what the F is going on?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShaggyRoby [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfyuj9/can_somebody_please_tell_me_what_the_f_is_going_on/
  9. Can anyone tell me what this means pls?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone tell me what this means pls?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fin808 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4z1wj/can_anyone_tell_me_what_this_means_pls/
  10. Can Anyone tell me what IndigoJunoIQV.exe is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Anyone tell me what IndigoJunoIQV.exe is?: I just upgraded to windows 10. I was doing a scan with house call online and it found IndigoJunoIQV manufacture unknown in msconfig/system configuration but it could not remove it. I have searched the net and no search results come up for that. I ran windows defenders and it...