Windows 10: Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10?

Discus and support Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got major corruption in my Win 10 install, so much that even trying to reinstall hangs... So I formatted the Win 10 partition, but there is also a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonaldPeterson, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10?

I got major corruption in my Win 10 install, so much that even trying to reinstall hangs... So I formatted the Win 10 partition, but there is also a "recovery partition", is that for win 10 or win 7?

Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10? [​IMG]

:)

RonaldPeterson, Mar 7, 2019

2. BOOT_MANAGER -- SBM v3.7.x : 2 Win-7 Partitions

Hi Everyone:

I need help with setting up SMART_BOOT_MANAGER (SBM 3.7.1) with 2 Windows 7 partitions. Both partition of WIN-7 are fully independent installations.

I am currently using SBM371 with WIN-7/32 where I have multiple FAT32 partitions and multiple NTFS ( * SEE Attachment JPG )

To get \SBM371 installed and doing what I wanted it to do, it was necessary to FIRST load Windows on the clean HD, thereafter, I could reduce the size of the NTFS WIN-7 partition by, example 50Gb so I could accomodate a DOS FAT32 partition + DOS Logical drives, and after I made a Primary bootable DOS partition, the LAST STEP was to install |SBM371 ***AFTER*** everything else was done, so I have dual boot system.

BUT, I never tried having 2 NTFS WIN-7 partitions on same HD at same time. There is a valid and sane reason for doing this! *Smile Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10? :)

I installed two (2) Win-7 on a 500Gb HD , then following my own advice, but does not work like with a 1 only Win-7 and several DOS FAT32 partitions. Windows own Boot Manager comes up, ok that is fine, but I need the option to start a DOS session as well. . . so the DOS start-up option must be visiable as well, which it is not at the moment.

. . . . . maybe is there a way to edit the Win-7 startup multi-boot startup config?

Or else, how to get SBM371 to properly start any of the startable partitions ??

Thanks.

dan nelles, Mar 7, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10?

Win 7 sys. recovery partition

Ok everytime I install an OS I reformat the hdd and delete all partitions. When Win 7 is fully installed it creates it's own "system recovery" partition. But this time it didn't*Confused Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10? :confused: I know how to create partitions, so can I create one for the recovery and will the os recognize it as a recovery partition?

t77snapshot, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10?

1. Can anyone tell me which partitions are for Win 7 and which are for Win 10? - Similar Threads - anyone tell partitions

2. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?: I am intending to do a clean install of win 10 on an acer nitro but I am unsure as to which partitions to wipe and which one i should install the operating systemThe following partitions are listed Which partition is safe to install it on and can all the others be...
  3. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?: I am intending to do a clean install of win 10 on an acer nitro but I am unsure as to which partitions to wipe and which one i should install the operating systemThe following partitions are listed Which partition is safe to install it on and can all the others be...
  4. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Win 10 - which version?

Reinstalling Win 10 - which version?: I installed Win 10 Pro v.1909 retail direct from Microsoft in April 2020. I've since updated as I've supposed to, so now I'm at the latest version. If I needed to reinstall Win 10 from bare metal, would I download the latest version using the Media Creation Tool, or use my...
  6. Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user: Win 10 - I am using Windows 7 Backup and Restore and the error log always shows skipped files of a deleted user. The user is deleted in every way I could find to do it and I have deleted the User Folder for that user. Windows Backup must be finding that old user in the...
  7. between win 10 enterprise and win 10 pro which is the best

between win 10 enterprise and win 10 pro which is the best: between win 10 enterprise and win 10 pro which is the best https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/between-win-10-enterprise-and-win-10-pro-which-is/79bfe9ef-c442-4b7f-94e7-17095207f881
  8. Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1: Is it possible to reset a computer which originally had Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10? I want it back to the way it was AFTER the upgrade, just as if it had been a new computer with Win 10 installed. I have backed up all data files (and have all software for...
  9. Upgrading from win 7 (which has issues) to win 10

Upgrading from win 7 (which has issues) to win 10: Hey guys, so somehow my windows 7 PC doesn't really work anymore, it keeps on crashing after a minute or two with the dreaded exception message (I suspect one of the automated system updates didn't install properly). I can login into the safe mode with networking and I have...
  10. Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language?

Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language?: Hello, I just joined. I have a 1 MBPS unlimited connection; it takes about two hours to download 700 MBs, and the Win 10 download is around 3 GBs, so I have to make sure whether or not the edition I'm downloading is the correct one or not. I have two laptops; both came...