Windows 10: Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)?

Discus and support Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/W8ingInTheSky [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/W8ingInTheSky, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:22 AM.

1. Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)?

/u/W8ingInTheSky, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:22 AM
  2. topgundcp Win User

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

3. WesKlatt Win User
    Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

4. Psyman72 Win User

Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)?

Win 10 - Unable to boot (how can I tell if the SSD is RIP........?)

Hi Igor

Thanks for the reply.

The SSD is NOT listed in the bios as an option for startup (only the HDD and DVD-ROM) - does that mean it is dead?

Also of note is that NEITHER of the drives listed in DISKPART is shown as "BOOTABLE" or "SYSTEM" (I assume the SSD would have been partitioned to create two drives for same....) which again suggests the SSD has failed.

Obviously I can't check Device Manager as I can't open Windows.......

Just want to be able to report back a definitive "it's dead" if possible - though at this stage I'm pretty much convinced that the aged Sandisk has popped it's clogs.....

Thanks

S

Thema:

Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)?

1. Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)? - Similar Threads - anyone tell what's

2. Can anyone tell me what happened to my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me what happened to my laptop?: My computer suddenly had tons of problems. First, it had trouble trying to log in to access my computer. Next, I can't change the volume at all. Then I can't download any files because they were "blocked". Then my files were completely different and they were too confusing to...
  3. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my PC? Is it my graphic card? Is something out of place?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my PC? Is it my graphic card? Is something out of place?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dimitrije336 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipyfsp/can_anyone_tell_me_what_is_wrong_with_my_pc_is_it/
  4. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer?: Hello, I bought my computer off Facebook marketplace, so I'm not sure if this is my fault or the builder's but out of the blue one day my computer screen turned to black suddenly, I couldn't turn it off by pressing/holding the power button. My keyboard turned off and couldn't...
  5. Can anyone tell me what Drive F is?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can anyone tell me what Drive F is?: I created a USB Windows 10 installation disk - and it showed up as Drive F. I've since removed the USB drive - but Drive F still shows in Disk Management - and the installation USB thumb drive shows as Drive H. I have no other drives attached to my PC and can't figure out...
  6. hello can anyone tell what smert is

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello can anyone tell what smert is: I may have spelled it slightly wrong. I thought that was a scan for malware program released by win such as MRT that is a widows scan your system file. I remember running the program, but it reahes a time when it says new version required. I assume the MRT comes in...
  7. My One Drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Support
    My One Drive is almost full.: I have just had an email from Microsoft telling me that my One Drive is almost full and an invite to upgrade it. That's fine, but I never wanted it in the first place and would rather get rid of it altogether. Microsoft, like a lot of other organisations take it for granted...
  8. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty. What to do? Thank You....
  9. Can Anyone tell me what IndigoJunoIQV.exe is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Anyone tell me what IndigoJunoIQV.exe is?: I just upgraded to windows 10. I was doing a scan with house call online and it found IndigoJunoIQV manufacture unknown in msconfig/system configuration but it could not remove it. I have searched the net and no search results come up for that. I ran windows defenders and it...
  10. E drive is full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E drive is full: Microsoft, why don't you fix this problem. You do everything else remotely. Please fix the problem that concerns "my E drive is full" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/e-drive-is-full/7efe3f7a-b04b-4c36-890f-9d21ca1f9a59