Windows 10: Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)?

Discus and support Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/W8ingInTheSky [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/W8ingInTheSky, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)?

/u/W8ingInTheSky, Nov 21, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Nov 21, 2020
  3. WesKlatt Win User
    Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Psyman72 Win User

Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)?

Win 10 - Unable to boot (how can I tell if the SSD is RIP........?)

Hi Igor

Thanks for the reply.

The SSD is NOT listed in the bios as an option for startup (only the HDD and DVD-ROM) - does that mean it is dead?

Also of note is that NEITHER of the drives listed in DISKPART is shown as "BOOTABLE" or "SYSTEM" (I assume the SSD would have been partitioned to create two drives for same....) which again suggests the SSD has failed.

Obviously I can't check Device Manager as I can't open Windows.......

Just want to be able to report back a definitive "it's dead" if possible - though at this stage I'm pretty much convinced that the aged Sandisk has popped it's clogs.....

Thanks

S

Psyman72, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)?

1. Can anyone tell what's wrong with my Drive E (Almost full SSD)? - Similar Threads - anyone tell what's

2. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my laptop?: This issue has occurred twice. Whenever I start my laptop, there is an extreme flickering on my screen as you can see in the photo where there's a glitch-like occurrence at the top. It's extremely lagging as well, and I can't even move my cursor smoothly. Before this, it's...
  3. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my laptop?: This issue has occurred twice. Whenever I start my laptop, there is an extreme flickering on my screen as you can see in the photo where there's a glitch-like occurrence at the top. It's extremely lagging as well, and I can't even move my cursor smoothly. Before this, it's...
  4. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  5. SSD C drive is almost full.

SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  6. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can anyone tell what this is?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffa80a13e65010Parameter 2: fffff8056d5c60c8Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 44cOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033...
  7. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone tell what this is?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffa80a13e65010Parameter 2: fffff8056d5c60c8Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 44cOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033...
  8. can anyone tell what this is?

9. Can anyone tell me what Drive F is?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can anyone tell me what Drive F is?: I created a USB Windows 10 installation disk - and it showed up as Drive F. I've since removed the USB drive - but Drive F still shows in Disk Management - and the installation USB thumb drive shows as Drive H. I have no other drives attached to my PC and can't figure out...
  10. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty. What to do? Thank You....