Windows 10: Can Apps appear as pinned tiled when not installed?

Discus and support Can Apps appear as pinned tiled when not installed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wife just got a new dell laptop. Im pretty experienced with cleaning up a new PC, including built-in apps, but there are at least 3 game apps that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by varxtis, May 24, 2019.

1. varxtis Win User

Can Apps appear as pinned tiled when not installed?

My wife just got a new dell laptop. Im pretty experienced with cleaning up a new PC, including built-in apps, but there are at least 3 game apps that are showing up on the start menu as pins that I cannot seem to unsinstall.
    I hate opening apps that are possible ad-ware, even if it is from a "legitimate" company like dell. But, I took the chance, hoping it might give me more info in Task Manager if it was running.
    To my surprise, they take me to microsoft store.... to "Get", or install. This tells me they aren't installed. But I wouldn't feel sure they were gone merely by Unpinning them

Will it do the trick just to unpin them?

:)

varxtis, May 24, 2019

2. Pin msconfig as tile

I tried to pin a desktop shortcut of msconfig system app as tile to the start metro screen but refuses to pin.
    It doesn't even exists 'Pin to Start screen' selection when i right click the shortcut. What should i do?
    I even copied the shortcut to the 'All Apps' folder and appeared on the left to the up and down app list but i can't
    drag to start screen as tile.

georgioumarios, May 24, 2019
  3. App tiles disappeared from Start, acting as if they are still pinned

No, that's not really what I meant. To be clear, I'll explain it on OneDrive tile. While it appears on the Start screen on my other device running the same version of the OS, it doesn't appear on the one I mentioned first. The issue looks like this: One
    day, I couldn't find the OneDrive tile that was supposed to be pinned on Start, only an empty spot. When I went to the app list to pin it again, it appeared to be pinned already, even though it isn't.

Daniel Mitra, May 24, 2019
  4. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, May 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Can Apps appear as pinned tiled when not installed? - Similar Threads - Apps appear pinned

2. Tiles are appearing over another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles are appearing over another: Whenever I try to move a tile on start or into a folder, pin a tile or resize a tile the tiles appear over other. Also, sometimes a tile becomes duplicate and start panel totally freezes, I also don't get to move it anywhere, directly then I've to unpin it and then do that...
  3. Colors don't appear on tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Colors don't appear on tiles: In the settings, it previews the tiles in the start menu as red, but when I apply it and open start, nothing about the start menu changes. All tiles are grey instead of red. Could someone help me, please? submitted by /u/daysofthunder1843 [link] [comments]...
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  5. Apps and tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and tiles: How do I turn off ALL tiles and apps that are not essential? I am not very computer savvy, I just don't want all this garbage I do not want or need running. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-tiles/637221ea-b329-4418-b82b-43183cf9546a
  6. Pinning my feed tiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning my feed tiles: When I open Edge to the Microsoft News feed, I am having to re-pin my feed tiles to keep them on the screen. Is there something I can do to permanently keep the tiles pinned? Thanks in advance....
  7. Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened

Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened: Recently I've noticed that when I open a a program from the icon on the taskbar, a new icon appears on the taskbar with a blue line underneath. I get that that is showing me an open application but I'm pretty sure that it used to just put the blue line under the first icon....
  8. tile names/pin to start

tile names/pin to start: In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url titles so I changed them to reflect the name of the company & the due date. I can not seem to be able to do this in...
  9. Newly installed apps. ot appearing in program menu unable to pin apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Newly installed apps. ot appearing in program menu unable to pin apps: Newly installed apps. ot appearing in program menu unable to pin apps to start menu. This happened to me previously and I could find no solution....I eventually created a new admin profile, where newly installed apps appeared in the program menu and I could pin apps tomthe...
  10. Pin msconfig as tile

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin msconfig as tile: I tried to pin a desktop shortcut of msconfig system app as tile to the start metro screen but refuses to pin. It doesn't even exists 'Pin to Start screen' selection when i right click the shortcut. What should i do? I even copied the shortcut to the 'All Apps' folder and...