Windows 10: Can apps that aren't running make notifications?

Discus and support Can apps that aren't running make notifications? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an application that keeps giving me update notifications but I see no obvious process relating to the program running in the background.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ApertureNext, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Can apps that aren't running make notifications?

I have an application that keeps giving me update notifications but I see no obvious process relating to the program running in the background.

submitted by /u/ApertureNext
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ApertureNext, Mar 6, 2021
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Can apps that aren't running make notifications? [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Can apps that aren't running make notifications?

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Can apps that aren't running make notifications?

1. Can apps that aren't running make notifications? - Similar Threads - apps aren't running

2. How can I get apps that aren't in the apps store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get apps that aren't in the apps store?: Microsoft apps doesn't offer my banking app. How can I install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-apps-that-arent-in-the-apps-store/1a842167-fd60-4627-a54a-eaed2593f0e7
  3. How can I get apps that aren't in the apps store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get apps that aren't in the apps store?: Microsoft apps doesn't offer my banking app. How can I install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-apps-that-arent-in-the-apps-store/1a842167-fd60-4627-a54a-eaed2593f0e7
  4. Not running apps still give notifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not running apps still give notifications.: HIWhatsapp app for windows gives notifications even if the application is not running by me.When the internet is stop running,I get error whatsapp.exe stopped running for many timesonce per hour apprx. as long as the internet is off.Task manger do not show the app is...
  5. Not running apps still give notifications.

Not running apps still give notifications.: HIWhatsapp app for windows gives notifications even if the application is not running by me.When the internet is stop running,I get error whatsapp.exe stopped running for many timesonce per hour apprx. as long as the internet is off.Task manger do not show the app is...
  6. Xbox app keep making notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app keep making notifications: I've downloaded a game not a long time ago on the Xbox app on Windows 11 and received a notification saying it was ready.The problem is that the notification keeps coming back even though I "Dismiss" it.It is very annoying because the label keeps showing up on my taskbar.I...
  7. Xbox app keep making notifications

Xbox app keep making notifications: I've downloaded a game not a long time ago on the Xbox app on Windows 11 and received a notification saying it was ready.The problem is that the notification keeps coming back even though I "Dismiss" it.It is very annoying because the label keeps showing up on my taskbar.I...
  8. Calendar notifications aren't working...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar notifications aren't working...: Hello. Windows Calendar isn't showing notification popups, and I need them to show because I need several reminders every day because I take meds. I can't find anything in the settings regarding notification popups. Any help would be appreciated. I can't find anything...
  9. Games aren't running as well.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games aren't running as well.: Sorry if this is the wrong sub, i'm not sure where else I could go with this Anyway, my PC usually runs games at 144+ FPS but suddenly i'm only getting about half that. Earlier today I was playing Batman: Arkham Origins locked at 144 suddenly its running at 50 in-game. The...
  10. System tray shows new notifications that aren't there

in Windows 10 Support
    System tray shows new notifications that aren't there: I've noticed on my laptop and desktop, both running Win10 Pro 1809, that since the last set of updates, when I boot up and logon, both machines show the notification icon at far right on the system tray as filled and hovering the mouse over the icon shows the tooltip "1 new...