Windows 10: Can Autoruns or Disabled Services Cause Common DCOM Server Event Logs?

Discus and support Can Autoruns or Disabled Services Cause Common DCOM Server Event Logs? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There's some DCOM Server errors in the System Event Log that asked about in the forum. Could these because by Autoruns or by disabling a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brenji25, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Brenji25 Win User

Can Autoruns or Disabled Services Cause Common DCOM Server Event Logs?

There's some DCOM Server errors in the System Event Log that asked about in the forum. Could these because by Autoruns or by disabling a lot of services with something like Black Viper's script? Is anyone else with these errors locking down their system at all?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These two get posted a lot and they're pretty core Components. I'm running as a Standard User.

System Log

Event ID: 10000

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {0358B920-0AC7-461F-98F4-58E32CD89148}. The error:

"2147942767"

Happened while starting this command:

C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe /Processid:{3EB3C877-1F16-487C-9050-104DBCD66683}

{0358B920-0AC7-461F-98F4-58E32CD89148} = Wininet Cache task object

{3EB3C877-1F16-487C-9050-104DBCD66683} = WinInetCacheServer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Log

Event ID 10016

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user COFFEELAKE\jc501 SID S-1-5-21-326413882-3043305194-3057340273-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} = PerAppRuntimeBroker

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} = PerAppRuntimeBroker

:)

Brenji25, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The 10016 events are triggered when a Microsoft component tries to access DCOM components without having permissions to access them.

These events can be safely ignored, they do not have any adverse effect on the functionality of your computer.

To get more information about this event ID, please refer to the article:
    Event ID 10016 is logged in Windows - Windows Client

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 17, 2021
  3. DCOM Errors - Windows Server 2008R2

Hi,

My Windows Server shows hundreds of DCOM errors like : "DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer 192.168.10.100 using any of the configured protocols". The IP address shown in the event logs run through most of the internal machines, all on the
    same network, no firewall etc.

Now the IP's are also computers that are turned off after hours so does anyone know why the DCOM service is trying to contact offline computers therefore generating the above event log?

Tmaster100_623, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Can Autoruns or Disabled Services Cause Common DCOM Server Event Logs?

Adding Google Account error 0x8007042b and event log DCOM 10016

Hello,

Regarding DCOM error 10016, from

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows-server
    , Microsoft says:

"These events can be safely ignored because they do not adversely affect functionality and are by design. This is the recommend action for these events."

To fix issue related to Mail app, refer this fix:

[FIX] Can't Add Gmail Account To Windows 10 Mail App

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Can Autoruns or Disabled Services Cause Common DCOM Server Event Logs?

1. Can Autoruns or Disabled Services Cause Common DCOM Server Event Logs? - Similar Threads - Autoruns Disabled Services

2. Unable to start a DCOM server - AUTORUNS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to start a DCOM server - AUTORUNS: Getting event log error 'unable to start a DCOM server' on startup. Using latest version of AUTORUNS to track down the issue. AUTORUNS defaults shows many items on startup by groups. In what group would I look at to find what would be causing 'unable to start a DCOM...
  3. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems: Hello, I seen some old posts about the Service Host problem causing CPU spikes, and pc problems. I recently updated my PC, and started having problems with this process. Has there been any fix actions for this problem??...
  4. Autoruns old services.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autoruns old services.: I've imported a compare file in Autoruns. I believe the red items are old or replaced services. If I delete the reds from within Autoruns is this essentially cleaning up the Windows registry? [img] 168316
  5. Event Log Service

Event Log Service: When I try to use Event Viewer it tells me that Event Log Service is not running or unavailable. I find that it is stopped so I start the service but if I check back later I get the same message and nothing has been logged...
  6. How to disable Autorun?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable Autorun?: I’ve installed 3d party app that I start when needed. But it contains .exe file that starts by itself when I boot the PC and surf the internet for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-autorun/7535d880-55de-47c4-83cc-5d3743d745da"
  7. Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.BingWeather Event 10001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.BingWeather Event 10001: Hey there, So I finally found the exact error trace that causes my apps to just close after starting up briefly again. I restored my system again to the 3rd of november after I ****ed my windows again by trying to fix it. This time my windows photo app works totally fine...
  8. autorun disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorun disabled: When I turn on my PC I get a semi page that reads setup autorun disabled. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun-disabled/5b165614-7dd9-4c00-9cec-1e4de0cd9d80
  9. DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows

DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows: My event log shows numerous errors and warnings specifically for DistributedCom - this started happening around the 1st of November - should i do something? <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  10. Disabling Autoplay/Autorun

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Autoplay/Autorun: I am doing myself a system security audit and I would like to clear some confusion on the differences between the Autoplay settings in the Windows 10 Control Panel and the settings that are on the Group Policy Editor. If I Disable Autoplay within the actual Windows 10...