Windows 10: Can certain apps cause laptop to heat up

Discus and support Can certain apps cause laptop to heat up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear All, I have a laptop with a pre-installed Win 10 Home on it. It is heating up a lot within a very short time after every boot. Is that possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tech291083, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Can certain apps cause laptop to heat up

Dear All,

I have a laptop with a pre-installed Win 10 Home on it. It is heating up a lot within a very short time after every boot. Is that possible that a particular app is causing this high temperature? If yes, then how to find that app?

The laptop is a simple one with no dedicated GPU. It has i3 CPU, 4 GB DDR4 RAM, 1 TB HDD. Thanks.

:)

tech291083, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 18, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 18, 2020
  4. mlee49 Win User

Can certain apps cause laptop to heat up

Cooling Pads for Laptops

I think the pads are great for heat dissipation but with intake slots on the bottom and it could cause some problems. For gaming laptops I would suggest a full USB/12V powered fan laptop cooler.

mlee49, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Can certain apps cause laptop to heat up

1. Can certain apps cause laptop to heat up - Similar Threads - certain apps cause

2. Laptop performance decreasing because it isn't heating up as much.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performance decreasing because it isn't heating up as much.: My laptop used to heat up a lot when playing games, leading to high fps. But recently, my laptop has stopped heating up a lot, which led to a significant decrease in fps. I have tried to fix this by doing things such as reinstalling my graphics driver and putting my laptop on...
  3. Laptop heats up when left alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop heats up when left alone: I have a new Thinkpad E14 Gen 4 Intel i7-1260P, 24 GB RAM, no d-GPU. I'm running Windows 11 Pro.If I put my laptop into my bag, it often heats up really badly in a matter of half an hour or so. The worst part is that problem seems to be intermittent, so it's hard to...
  4. Laptop heats up when left alone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop heats up when left alone: I have a new Thinkpad E14 Gen 4 Intel i7-1260P, 24 GB RAM, no d-GPU. I'm running Windows 11 Pro.If I put my laptop into my bag, it often heats up really badly in a matter of half an hour or so. The worst part is that problem seems to be intermittent, so it's hard to...
  5. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  6. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  7. is it normal laptop plugged heating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is it normal laptop plugged heating?: i had a DELL laptop, everytime i plugged in the charger it start heating up like 75c even though i didnt open any heavy application. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-laptop-plugged-heating/1a2ce0c8-8ceb-424a-8495-c48d6d565c4d
  8. laptop heating or slow issue

laptop heating or slow issue: laptop becomes freeze or slow when doing some work or working on any softwarelike edge Microsofthow to resolve heating and slow issuehp 15 da series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-heating-or-slow-issue/5cc25d09-adcd-44f1-bdfa-70f28ab274cb
  9. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....
  10. Window App using alot of processor causing it to heat up

Window App using alot of processor causing it to heat up: I just bought acer predator with windows 10 home . my cpu temp off and on started to rise up to 85 degree with no app runing or playing game. so if when i checked this SVCHOST app of windows was causing the problem. i have to manually end it or it will continuously engage the...