Windows 10: Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license?

Discus and support Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I'm already using Windows 10 pro with OEM license since 2016 Nov, The point is I want to change every hardware systems even motherboard too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MohammedIsmile, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license?

Hello

I'm already using Windows 10 pro with OEM license since 2016 Nov, The point is I want to change every hardware systems even motherboard too but I don't want to lose my windows license. So can I switch from windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 pro official license key without losing any data, is that possible?

:)

MohammedIsmile, Mar 28, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 28, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license?

Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically, a new motherboard constitutes a new computer and if your current copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to buy a new W10 license. While the process may allow you to activate Windows 10 that was an upgrade, that does not make it legal to do so.

The current free Windows 10 program is only for people who currently have a legal copy of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems. And those upgrade licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers.

If you purchased a full retail W10 license separately for your current computer and wish to install this W10 on this new computer, you can legally do that as long as you uninstalled it from the old computer.

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

The good new is, once you buy a new Windows 10 license, you can transfer it to a new computer as many times as you like. So this would be a one time purchase.

Bill_Bright, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license?

1. Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license? - Similar Threads - change pro OEM

2. Can I change window 10 pro volume license key to oem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I change window 10 pro volume license key to oem: Recently I got the message the volume license key will be expired soon. Would I update the license key to oem version without a clean install of win 10 pro?...
  3. Windows 10 OEM License

Windows 10 OEM License: Hi there looking for some answers. I am about to build a new PC, a week or two away and I am going to buy a Windows 10 OEM license. Does this come on a DVD? Something I wont be able to use, as it wont have a DVD reader. Or can I download the ISO file on a USB and use...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  5. License Windows 10 OEM

License Windows 10 OEM: I understand that now the Windows 10 OEM license comes embedded in the BIOS. The institution in which I work asks me for a licensing document, how can I obtain it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-windows-10-oem/b66dbb96-0884-48ef-9b0a-ef3b7641ef9d
  6. Can an OEM licensed Windows 10 be used in a VM?

Can an OEM licensed Windows 10 be used in a VM?: If I were to uninstall Windows 10 from my system and then install it in a VM [on the same system] , will it work, considering that my license type is OEM? The solutions online are very obscure and I'd like to know personally. 1. Is this possible? That is, will Windows 10...
  7. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification: I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration. What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?...
  8. Windows 10 OEM Licensing / Cross Border Licensing

Windows 10 OEM Licensing / Cross Border Licensing: I work on the border of the US and Mexico. I am looking for information on Windows 10 OEM licensing. If I bought a US purchased Windows 10 OEM License, could I use that license in Mexico for a customer who lives in Mexico? Let me know. Thank you!...
  9. Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license

Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license: i have desktop with installed OEM Windows 10 Pro license but i need to un-install it and change the operating system to Linux. But after a week i decided to uninstall the linux and return the previous license which is OEM Windows 10 Pro license, is it possible? Also, what...
  10. Windows 10 OEM license

Windows 10 OEM license: I bought a Laptop which came with windows 10 home installed in the hard drive (HDD) and I want to transfer this OS to an M.2 Solid state drive (SSD) in the same Laptop. As it's an OEM license and says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch windows 10 to oem license

2. change windows 10 license to oem