Windows 10: Can changing the MAC-address make any problems?

Discus and support Can changing the MAC-address make any problems? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can changing the MAC-address make any problems? And how could I do it best? Is there any (portable) program doing such? I want to register with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Enter, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Enter Win User

Can changing the MAC-address make any problems?

And how could I do it best? Is there any (portable) program doing such?

I want to register with Google for an account, gmail, without giving Google my telephone number it asks for.

:)

Enter, Jan 25, 2019

2. Change Mac address

The MAC address is like your devices ID ,so short of being able to change very core settings ,you're not gonna be able to do anything unless I'm mistaken.

Maybe you don't need to change your MAC address, what is it you're trying to accomplish?

Spoiler: I found this change mac w/o root I can't say whether or not this is an effective method it's just a method I found after searching this topic .
    I cant say whether or not it is "safe" or if the software required is free. use at your own risk.

Change MAC Address of Android Devices without Root Access

Go to Settings>About Phone>Select Status and then make a note of the current MAC Address of your Android device.
    Download the Android Terminal Emulator application from the Google Play Store. You can directly navigate to the Android Terminal Emulator Google Play Store download page by clicking here.
    Launch the above application on your Android device and then type “IP LINK SHOW”.
    Note the interface name of your Android device from the list.
    And then type in the command below,
    ip link set interfacename XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY
    Replace interfacename with the Interface Name of your network that you noted in Step 4 above and XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY with the MAC Address you wish to set.
    And that’s it. The MAC Address of your Android device will now be modified/changed.

jboydgolfer, Jan 25, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Change Mac address

Then you're probably not changing your MAC Address...

4. PcForge Win User

Change Mac address

I would like to change the Mac address on my honor 6x. I tried following some instructions online for how to do it in Android terminal emulator but I was denied access.

PcForge, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Can changing the MAC-address make any problems? - Similar Threads - changing MAC address

2. Add a MAC address to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add a MAC address to PC: trying to add a MAC address for ROKO wireless connection to my PC, Pls help thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-mac-address-to-pc/669e98b6-d3bf-45b0-980a-33bc6a586374
  3. Can changing the MAC-address make any problems?

Can changing the MAC-address make any problems?: Can changing the MAC-address make any problems? And how could I do it best? Is there any (portable) program doing such? I want to register with Google for an account, gmail, without giving Google my telephone number it asks for. 125950
  4. Windows 10 , Random Mac Address

Windows 10 , Random Mac Address: Hi, 2.5.0.0 I want a discuss a case for windows 10. I’m trying to find a solution for it so could you please support me. The case is as following we bought a 500 windows license on a dell laptops. All windows have a feature called RANDOM MAC ADDRESS, I know that you can...
  5. MAC Address, MAC ID

MAC Address, MAC ID: Anyone know where I can find my MAC address or MAC ID? I have a Microsoft HP Laptop/touchscreen with Windows 10 and I need the MAC address, Where do I go to find out that information???...
  6. How to change MAC Address via reg file ?

How to change MAC Address via reg file ?: Hey guys, How to change MAC Address via reg file ? Regards. 68398
  7. Change Wifi Router Mac Address

Change Wifi Router Mac Address: How can I change my Cisco Cable Modem's Mac Address>*Biggrin 42984
  8. Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID: I have couple of questions here, Does changing your mac address, removing machine GUID, and changing the hostname harm to your computer ? 79091
  9. Can not make any change to Start menu!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not make any change to Start menu!: I've just reinstalled windows today, and after all updates finished, I can not make any change to the Start menu except moving tiles that already be there. When I add new app to start menu and move its tile... the start menu crashes and any change is reverted. This is what...
  10. Can not make registry changes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not make registry changes.: I've concluded that anyone who's search ends up here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials has probably ended up in a number of other places which make the same conclusions. I have no reason to doubt that my Nav pane...