Windows 10: CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop

Discus and support CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Just built a new rig with Windows 10 Education! So I got my computer set up as a host for Windows Remote Desktop, and my Android phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bamin678, Jan 26, 2021.

1. CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop

CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop tOMEsY2wzjEAJG8N-yQTewwprgD-UClpJrOegHqzIrg.jpg

Just built a new rig with Windows 10 Education! So I got my computer set up as a host for Windows Remote Desktop, and my Android phone connects perfectly as a client.

However, I can't connect on my Windows 10 Home laptop. I always get the Pop-up
    "Remote Desktop Can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:"

I don't think my antivirus is blocking anything because I have Avast Free Antivirus which idek if it comes with its own firewall.

Under computer I inputted the IP address for my host/desktop, and under User name, I input the correct username for the host computer.

I'm thinking that my problem might be related to some firewall settings?? But I'm not sure. Has anyone experienced this and wanna help a newbie out?

https://preview.redd.it/nw9zfof9tnd...bp&s=eb92c3a59541b587a0495ea17b80f450edf218f7

submitted by /u/bamin678
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bamin678, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. dudley Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK).

I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set properly.

This is not just limited to Win 10, the same happens when I connect from Win 7 machine.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

dudley, Jan 26, 2021
  4. mlee49 Win User

CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop

1. CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop - Similar Threads - connect Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC: I need help setting up a remote connection from my Mac to my PC. I've enabled the remote desktop on my PC and I've added my PC to the Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac but I cannot get them to connect....
  3. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC: I need help setting up a remote connection from my Mac to my PC. I've enabled the remote desktop on my PC and I've added my PC to the Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac but I cannot get them to connect....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remote Desktop Connection from CMD

Remote Desktop Connection from CMD: I created a file with the .bat extension, in which I wrote the following script:$Hostname = "MyHostname"$User = "MyUser"$Password = "ZZZ"cmdkey / generic: $Hostname / user: $User / pass: $Passwordmstsc / v: $Hostname /f But I get the following error: The remote computer name...
  6. Remote Desktop Can't Connect

Remote Desktop Can't Connect: Hi Guys, Having trouble connecting a Windows 7 Laptop to a Windows 10 Desktop via remote desktop. Both are on the same network. The usual has been done already i.e. Enable Remote Desktop, Allow Remote Desktop through a Firewall etc. On Windows 7 Laptop's Remote Desktop...
  7. Can't connect to Remote Desktop from outside the network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to Remote Desktop from outside the network: Hi! Since corona virus kicked in, most people work from home now and so am I. I used Remote Desktop almost every day and it worked perfectly, and last few days, when I try to connect to my work PC from outside the network, I get error notification 0x204 and says to check if...
  8. Can't connect from my laptop to work computer via remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't connect from my laptop to work computer via remote desktop: I am operating a Windows 10 pro laptop. I am able to log in to the portal successfully. It starts a "smart tunnel". Then I go to Remote Desktop Connection and type in the domain name I have already verified it is correct, then enter the user name. I get the following...
  9. Can't connect to remote desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect to remote desktop: I can't seem to connect to my remote desktop from college as it keeps asking me to 'Enter my credentials' multiple times even when I did enter it, it asks me again. So I don't if its a hardware or software problem would appreciate it if anyone can reply if they know whats...
  10. Can't connect with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect with Remote Desktop: Hay everyone, I am having an issue with Remote Desktop. It works fine locally but i can't get a connection remotely. Here is the message it am getting. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here are some of the settings on system i am trying to remote into. [ATTACH] Some things i have...