Windows 10: Can connect to wifi but i cant open amy browser

Discus and support Can connect to wifi but i cant open amy browser in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Troubleshoot on windows 11 cant open any browser it says about the anti virus prevent it and check dns as well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dharkzek, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Dharkzek Win User

Can connect to wifi but i cant open amy browser

Troubleshoot on windows 11 cant open any browser it says about the anti virus prevent it and check dns as well

:)

Dharkzek, Mar 15, 2023
  2. erkgoer Win User

Wifi Connectivity and Browser Usage

I followed the troubleshooting steps above. They did not resolve the wifi connectivity or browser usage settings.

My laptop still will not stay connected to wifi, and browsers are still freezing or timing out when trying to load webpages.

erkgoer, Mar 15, 2023
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Mar 15, 2023
  4. Can connect to wifi but i cant open amy browser

Wifi Connectivity and Browser Usage

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Try to run the Network troubleshooter (Previous one was Adapter troubleshooter). Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows - Microsoft Support

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on
      Run.

• Type services.msc. Click on
      Ok.

• Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to
      Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 15, 2023
Thema:

Can connect to wifi but i cant open amy browser

1. Can connect to wifi but i cant open amy browser - Similar Threads - connect wifi cant

2. Cant connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to wifi: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, sti In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re connected using a...
  3. Browsers cant be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers cant be opened: so i think i lost all of my important data and i dont know how to get it back.i was sitting in discord yesterday and i got a white window opening and then fastly closing it looked like a 25 frame, then some time later i got a BSOD saying Critical Process Died. i thought that...
  4. Can connect to wifi but i cant open amy browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can connect to wifi but i cant open amy browser: Troubleshoot on windows 11 cant open any browser it says about the anti virus prevent it and check dns as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-connect-to-wifi-but-i-cant-open-amy-browser/495082ab-657a-4bc4-a8e0-bf2273c4d778
  5. cant connect to this wifi connection

cant connect to this wifi connection: i have a newly installed windows 10 in my PC and i used mobile WIFI hotspot from the phone to get internet in my PC and i got a new modem connection in my house but i could not connect to it even if the password is correct i think it is the problem of the IP address or any...
  6. I cant connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant connect to WiFi: This have been a thing in my laptop for so long, i cant use WiFi it only work for like 2 minutes when i start my laptop and then it can never work again (it says error connecting to the network) unless i uninstall my network adapter or reset my network settings and after...
  7. cant connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant connect to wifi: i get connect to wifi but there is written no internet access , though wifi working on mobile I have windows 10 2004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-wifi/244840a0-a073-47a5-b343-09cb57516d42
  8. Browsers cant open results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers cant open results: I need to open a site for a job offer but cant. I can go on steam, I can download, I can go on youtube and all other devices work fine in my house. I've tried commands like flushdns. All browsers are like this. I get the same error on all of them. I updated windows 2 minutes...
  9. Cant connect to wifi

Cant connect to wifi: How come I cant connect to my wifi even though my wireless capability is on[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-wifi/756413b7-fcf5-4028-93c4-e573af3daf2a
  10. cant open edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant open edge browser: hi all;i cannot open the edge browser.The blue page only comes on for a few seconds then goes off.I have tried deleting my other browsers so edge is the only one but it still does the same thing.Would living in the uk have any bearing on this?Your help is needed. thank you...