Windows 10: Can Cortana be removed from Windows 10 N?

Discus and support Can Cortana be removed from Windows 10 N? in Cortana to solve the problem; Lately I installed Windows 10 N while previously I was using the standard Windows 10, I noticed that on Windows 10 N Cortana doesn't respond with sound... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by artifact4727, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Can Cortana be removed from Windows 10 N?

Lately I installed Windows 10 N while previously I was using the standard Windows 10, I noticed that on Windows 10 N Cortana doesn't respond with sound but only with text. So basically I it is not functional unter Windows 10 N and there must be a way to remove it, right?

:)

artifact4727, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
  4. flyturbo Win User

Can Cortana be removed from Windows 10 N?

Removing CORTANA from Windows 10

OK tried your link to MS Connect and GUESS WHAT - CORTANA is not on the list of products accepting bugs or suggestions .. !!!

My suggestion, uninstall windows and install Ubuntu --> Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu.

flyturbo, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Can Cortana be removed from Windows 10 N?

1. Can Cortana be removed from Windows 10 N? - Similar Threads - Cortana removed

2. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently: Hi, How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro? I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in "systemapps". But after feature updates installation, it started to work again. Please guide how can i permanently remove Cortana & EDGE...
  3. Cortana - Remove "Top Apps"

in Cortana
    Cortana - Remove "Top Apps": When I click on the Cortana "circle" in the taskbar, it shows a history of my "Top Apps" How do I disable this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-remove-top-apps/ee71ed9a-b8f5-446b-a39a-92adffae9258"
  4. Make Cortana removable

in Cortana
    Make Cortana removable: I run Windows 10 on a 128GB SSD and with windows 10 ever growing with future updates I think it should be made possible to completely uninstall cortana without breaking anything. I ran a powershell script I found online that removes a bunch of stuff but didn't actually free...
  5. Microsoft removed cortana service in China Mainland?

in Cortana
    Microsoft removed cortana service in China Mainland?: Cortana couldn't work from this month, no matter on pc or on mobile app. It always responsed cannot find page in mobile. So I want to know wheter the service will be stopped or something happed, wheter it will be restored later or never....
  6. i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i by mistake set up a password when cortana asked me but now i want to remove it how can i: by mistake, I set A PASSWORD when Cortana asked me(Cortana is in window 10 which searches AND it also set reminders it tells news etc) now I want to remove the password...
  7. I removed cookies but Cortana is affected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I removed cookies but Cortana is affected: I installed C cleaner to remove cookies but I got unnecessary result, Cortana is affected because its memory is clean now. My question: what should I do and what shouldn’t I do to get Cortana to learn more....
  8. Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar: My system recently updated to Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.195 and the hide Cortana from the taskbar seems to no longer be available. [ATTACH] Anyone know how to hide the Cortana button from the taskbar?...
  9. CORTANA REMOVING COOKIES

in Cortana
    CORTANA REMOVING COOKIES: WILL DELITING COOKIES WITH CCLEANER HAVE A AFFECT ON CORTANA I JUST BOUGHT A INVOKE /CORTANA AND DONT WHANT TO CLEAR ITS MEMORY AND WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO GET CORTANA TO LEARN MORE AND WHAT ELSE SHOULDN'T I DELITE THANK YOU WAYNE AND HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY AND NEW...
  10. How to remove my cortana login from my work PC

in Cortana
    How to remove my cortana login from my work PC: I want to remove my personal Cortana login from my work PC but still leave it on my personal PC and phone How can I do this please? Steven...