Windows 10: Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...

Discus and support Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; maybe a secret list of commands that cortana already knows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jay ritcher, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...

maybe a secret list of commands that cortana already knows

:)

jay ritcher, Feb 24, 2023

2. Cortana now gets confused over currency conversions

Before you perform the recovery options, we suggest trying the troubleshooting steps in this

article
    . It may help you resolve the issue with your Cortana currency conversations.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Feb 24, 2023
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 24, 2023
  4. Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...

1. Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence... - Similar Threads - cortana taught hold

2. Can ms actually indicate if anything is happening rather than just have "getting windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can ms actually indicate if anything is happening rather than just have "getting windows...: There is no indication that anything is happening when e"Getting windows ready is on the screen when do I give in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-ms-actually-indicate-if-anything-is-happening/5e1ba016-1638-480f-a21a-1738f16f968d
  3. Can ms actually indicate if anything is happening rather than just have "getting windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can ms actually indicate if anything is happening rather than just have "getting windows...: There is no indication that anything is happening when e"Getting windows ready is on the screen when do I give in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-ms-actually-indicate-if-anything-is-happening/5e1ba016-1638-480f-a21a-1738f16f968d
  4. Can ms actually indicate if anything is happening rather than just have "getting windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...

in Cortana
    Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...: maybe a secret list of commands that cortana already knows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-cortana-be-taught-to-hold-a-conversation/bbff54f2-ebe0-44df-830a-94cc13a351a2
  6. Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...: maybe a secret list of commands that cortana already knows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-cortana-be-taught-to-hold-a-conversation/bbff54f2-ebe0-44df-830a-94cc13a351a2
  7. Conversational AI in Outlook with Cortana for iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Conversational AI in Outlook with Cortana for iOS: You carry your mobile device with you to every room of your house, to friends’ places, on walks and to and from the office or at home. Your mobile device has truly become your daily companion, at your fingertips to help you stay connected to people and things that...
  8. How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

in Cortana
    How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice: Until fairly recently Cortana allowed me to type my questions - now it forces me to talk. I much prefer the old system but cannot find a way of setting it back to turn off the talking and return to typing my questions....
  9. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing: I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love having a search right on the taskbar, bing just does not seem to work with me *Cool! 0eiWh1QOau0 16024
  10. Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?: Hi Guys ! I was wondering if there is a way to get Cortana to respond to my written inputs with her voice rather than text. Or both. Is there ? Thanks ! PS. Sorry if this is a dumb question ... plz remove it if it's in violation of the forum rules 66145