Windows 10: can Cortana open application like Paint or MS Words or Internet Explorer

Discus and support can Cortana open application like Paint or MS Words or Internet Explorer in Cortana to solve the problem; can Cortana open application like Paint or MS Words or Internet Explorer Yester Cortana app got updated, after that it stopped opening any app, but... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RituGotawat, Jul 23, 2020.

1. can Cortana open application like Paint or MS Words or Internet Explorer

can Cortana open application like Paint or MS Words or Internet Explorer

Yester Cortana app got updated, after that it stopped opening any app, but before the yesterday's update it was opening any application on my voice command

So now how it can be rectified or restored to previous cortana

:)

RituGotawat, Jul 23, 2020

2. can Cortana open application like Paint or MS Words or Internet Explorer

Yester Cortana app got updated, after that it stopped opening any app, but before the yesterday's update it was opening any application on my voice command

So now how it can be rectified or restored to previous cortana

RituGotawat, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Cortana Open Google is not opening google instead opening MS Paint

Hi Nagarjunak v,

Hey Cortana feature lets you interact with Cortana hands-free so you can do multi-tasking and it should prompt you to the application or whichever command you've made for her. Can you please provide the following information:

• Are you also experiencing this issue when opening other Microsoft application?
    • When did this issue occur?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?

In the meantime, try enabling the keyboard shortcut for Cortana by going to Settings > Cortana > Talk to Cortana > Keyboard shortcut > swipe to the right to turn on. After turning it on, you may reboot your PC, press Windows key
    + C
    , and see if MS Paint will open by asking Cortana to open MS Paint.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Justine Pel, Aug 3, 2020
  4. can Cortana open application like Paint or MS Words or Internet Explorer

MS WORD

I have proceeded with your suggestion of selecting the word document saved in a path and tried to select it for right clicking but miserably failed. It has not allowed me to select the word document first and windows explorer hanged circling for sometime
    and came out of explorer itself. This issue may be something different I feel. Other MS docs like excel, notepad etc are opening correctly when I double click as usual and this word document only giving problem.

Please suggest some other workable solution.

Thanks,

Balakrishnan.

BalakrishnanVenkatraman, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. can Cortana open application like Paint or MS Words or Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Cortana open application

2. MS Paint and MS WORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint and MS WORD: Word has had issues pertaining to Paint, saying the program was non-existent, whenever I cut, copy, and paste to Word, it gives me an error message saying that Word has a problem....
  3. MS Paint and MS WORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint and MS WORD: Word has had issues pertaining to Paint, saying the program was non-existent, whenever I cut, copy, and paste to Word, it gives me an error message saying that Word has a problem....
  4. Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint: Hi so for i while now I am suffering from this problem when I try to open MS Paint with the Run function it does not open,there is nothing like the program not found this is the log in the event viewer:Faulting application name: mspaint.exe, version: 11.2110.0.0, time stamp:...
  5. Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint

Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint: Hi so for i while now I am suffering from this problem when I try to open MS Paint with the Run function it does not open,there is nothing like the program not found this is the log in the event viewer:Faulting application name: mspaint.exe, version: 11.2110.0.0, time stamp:...
  6. MS Paint not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Paint not opening: Hello all,I'm using Windows 10 but MS Paint won't open when clicked in the taskbar, double-clicked from desktop, exec command, Windows search bar, etc. I tried opening the shortcut file as Administrator but nothing happened. There weren't any error messages appearing and...
  7. MS Paint not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint not opening: Hello all,I'm using Windows 10 but MS Paint won't open when clicked in the taskbar, double-clicked from desktop, exec command, Windows search bar, etc. I tried opening the shortcut file as Administrator but nothing happened. There weren't any error messages appearing and...
  8. MS Paint not opening

9. How Can I do my text align center in Paint as like MS word?

How Can I do my text align center in Paint as like MS word?: How Can I do my text align center in Paint as like MS word?I want to know how can I do text align center in paint as like Ms wordbelow Image.Please suggest me....
  10. cortana won't open word

in Cortana
    cortana won't open word: I asked her to open word but she said sorry I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-word/735b3318-5d5a-4acc-a91d-8cd00968a407