Windows 10: Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

Discus and support Can Cortana still control smart home devices? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; From what I've read on this forum and other places, Cortana use to be able to control smart home devices phillips hue bulbs, etc. The instructions say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lan.Hues, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Lan.Hues Win User

Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

From what I've read on this forum and other places, Cortana use to be able to control smart home devices phillips hue bulbs, etc. The instructions say to go to "Connected Home" within Cortana's Notebook. But in other posts here, I've read that access to Cortana's notebook was removed in Windows Update 2004.I've searched for connected home and smart home and so on, in Cortana and Windows and I can't find anything similar. Can anyone tell me if it's still possible to control smart home devices from Windows? Obviously, smart home automation is a big part of the appeal of Alexa/Google Home and

:)

Lan.Hues, Jan 16, 2022

2. Unable to sign into Samsung Smart Home with Cortana

The steps listed here entail using Event Ghost for Cortana Integration. Not for Mac Users.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/tutorial-pc...

Event Ghost - Free

http://www.eventghost.net/downloads/

Control your Smart Home devices with Cortana

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404677...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Smittychat., Jan 16, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Cortana and nest

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

At present, Cortana can
    control your smart home devices
    such as

• Turn lights on or off
    • Set the brightness of a light
    • Control a group of lights
    • Set the temperature
    • Turn the thermostat up or down

I would suggest you to check with the Nest support team if the Nest Hello can be
    configured to Cortana commands.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

1. Can Cortana still control smart home devices? - Similar Threads - Cortana still control

2. Smart App Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart App Control: Works good but seems to be an issue w/ Halo 100+ GB running locally.-k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-app-control/67c4407b-049c-4adb-8a67-eeffc8ae6321
  3. Smart app control

Smart app control: I learnt about a new update coming called the smart app control. I also read that it will require us to reset our pc. Can I somehow prevent that as I do not want to reset my windows 11 pc right now?...
  4. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

Can Cortana still control smart home devices?: From what I've read on this forum and other places, Cortana use to be able to control smart home devices phillips hue bulbs, etc. The instructions say to go to "Connected Home" within Cortana's Notebook. But in other posts here, I've read that access to Cortana's notebook was...
  5. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

in Cortana
    Can Cortana still control smart home devices?: From what I've read on this forum and other places, Cortana use to be able to control smart home devices phillips hue bulbs, etc. The instructions say to go to "Connected Home" within Cortana's Notebook. But in other posts here, I've read that access to Cortana's notebook was...
  6. Can I control home devices with Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I control home devices with Microsoft?: Is there any app , web or any way to control my home with Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-control-home-devices-with-microsoft/2d3649c0-ee33-41d3-a35a-f67a550ebb8a
  7. Can Cortana still control smart lights?

in Cortana
    Can Cortana still control smart lights?: I looked at the article saying that Cortana can control smart lights, it said something about going into Cortana's settings, something about a notebook, and then something about Connected Home. The kicker is there's no notebook icon anywhere that I've seen associated with...
  8. How to connect smart devices (like: smart lights) to cortana?

in Cortana
    How to connect smart devices (like: smart lights) to cortana?: Hi! I can't connect to my smart lights becouse in the connections tab (Start menu<Cortana's notebook<Manage skills, Image down below),I can't see the Connect to home option. Mark [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to sign into Samsung Smart Home with Cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to sign into Samsung Smart Home with Cortana: I am attempting to link my Samsung account with Cortana so that I will be able to use my Samsung SmartThings hub. The Samsung Smart Home Cortana skill leads me to believe I can do this. When I invoke the skill, Cortana prompts me to sign in with my Samsung Account. I then...
  10. Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT: Cortana expands home automation skills, making it easier for you to control your smart home devices while on the go. [img] Cortana helps make your life easier by making it easy to control your smart home devices from afar. Rush out of the house and forget to turn off...