Windows 10: Can Cortana still control smart lights?

Discus and support Can Cortana still control smart lights? in Cortana to solve the problem; I looked at the article saying that Cortana can control smart lights, it said something about going into Cortana's settings, something about a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ivellios86, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Can Cortana still control smart lights?

I looked at the article saying that Cortana can control smart lights, it said something about going into Cortana's settings, something about a notebook, and then something about Connected Home. The kicker is there's no notebook icon anywhere that I've seen associated with Cortana... Can Cortana still control smart lights connected via Wifi to a desktop computer running Windows 10?

:)

Ivellios86, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana and nest

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

At present, Cortana can
    control your smart home devices
    such as

• Turn lights on or off
    • Set the brightness of a light
    • Control a group of lights
    • Set the temperature
    • Turn the thermostat up or down

I would suggest you to check with the Nest support team if the Nest Hello can be
    configured to Cortana commands.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 16, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Cortana can't talk to Philips Hue despite being connected.

Hello,

If you are unable to control your smart home devices, it could be that Cortana is not seeing it as the device connected. For us to isolate the issue in using Cortana to control the devices, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Are there any other smart home devices connected to Cortana? If there are, are you able to control them through Cortana?
    • Did you connect the lights as a group or as an individual? If it's a group, are they under the same name, i.e. "Living room lights 1"? If it's just one, does it have a specific name?
    • Are you able to control the smart home device using a different device?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Can Cortana still control smart lights?

Unable to sign into Samsung Smart Home with Cortana

The steps listed here entail using Event Ghost for Cortana Integration. Not for Mac Users.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/tutorial-pc...

Event Ghost - Free

http://www.eventghost.net/downloads/

Control your Smart Home devices with Cortana

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404677...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Smittychat., Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Can Cortana still control smart lights?

1. Can Cortana still control smart lights? - Similar Threads - Cortana still control

2. Smart App Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart App Control: Works good but seems to be an issue w/ Halo 100+ GB running locally.-k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-app-control/67c4407b-049c-4adb-8a67-eeffc8ae6321
  3. Smart app control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart app control: I learnt about a new update coming called the smart app control. I also read that it will require us to reset our pc. Can I somehow prevent that as I do not want to reset my windows 11 pc right now?...
  4. Smart app control

Smart app control: I learnt about a new update coming called the smart app control. I also read that it will require us to reset our pc. Can I somehow prevent that as I do not want to reset my windows 11 pc right now?...
  5. Smart App Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart App Control: So I used Visual Studio to create simple Windows apps that will automate my work, and most of these consist of less than 1,000 lines of code.I also made an app for my cousin that makes it easier for them to design menus and social media posters for their bakeshop, with few...
  6. Smart App Control

Smart App Control: So I used Visual Studio to create simple Windows apps that will automate my work, and most of these consist of less than 1,000 lines of code.I also made an app for my cousin that makes it easier for them to design menus and social media posters for their bakeshop, with few...
  7. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

Can Cortana still control smart home devices?: From what I've read on this forum and other places, Cortana use to be able to control smart home devices phillips hue bulbs, etc. The instructions say to go to "Connected Home" within Cortana's Notebook. But in other posts here, I've read that access to Cortana's notebook was...
  8. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

in Cortana
    Can Cortana still control smart home devices?: From what I've read on this forum and other places, Cortana use to be able to control smart home devices phillips hue bulbs, etc. The instructions say to go to "Connected Home" within Cortana's Notebook. But in other posts here, I've read that access to Cortana's notebook was...
  9. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How to connect smart devices (like: smart lights) to cortana?

in Cortana
    How to connect smart devices (like: smart lights) to cortana?: Hi! I can't connect to my smart lights becouse in the connections tab (Start menu<Cortana's notebook<Manage skills, Image down below),I can't see the Connect to home option. Mark [ATTACH]...