Windows 10: Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask?

Discus and support Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask? in Cortana to solve the problem; If you say "Hey Cortana, what song is this?" She'll respond with something like "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I believe she was able to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by IffyAsuzu, Sep 29, 2021.

1. IffyAsuzu Win User

Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask?

If you say "Hey Cortana, what song is this?" She'll respond with something like "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I believe she was able to do that a couple years ago. What happened? Is she still able to listen to a song and name it, just like Shazam?

:)

IffyAsuzu, Sep 29, 2021

2. [Bug] XBox Music does not update to reflect songs that Cortana is asked to play

Summary: If you have already been playing some music and then you ask Cortana to play something, the Xbox music app will not automatically refresh to show the new playing song.

Setup: Windows Phone 8.1 (natural update from AT&T, no **** version), Lumia 1020 AT&T, XBOX Music 2.6.186.0

Repro Steps:

1. Launch Xbox Music app, play a (local to phone) song/album etc. observe 'Song A' playing.

2. Press physical search button to activate Cortana.

3. Tell her to 'Play some music' or 'Play Song B'.

4. Song B begins to play, note at this point you are still on Cortana's input screen.

5. Press back button to return to Xbox Music app.

Expected Result:

Immediately see the song information that Cortana has put on.

Actual Result:

Song A from step one is still displaying, it has not refreshed.

Notes:

If you launch the Xbox Music app *after* you tell Cortana to play it properly displays what she is playing.

johnhardyiv, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Ask Cortana to "play my music", she plays the same song

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to copy the songs onto your computer first and then scan for new songs via the groove app. Then ask Cortana to play music. Cortana might be playing the song that is located on your computer rather than on your external hard drive.

Hope this helps. We look forward to hear from you.

Joy Kemprai, Sep 29, 2021
  4. Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask?

When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not played

Whenever I ask Cortana to play any song or specific song by an artist on Spotify, then it just opens the
    Spotify app but doesn't play the music. Then nothing happens in the app and I have to do it manually. I am facing this from a few days. It was alright before. Can anything be done or it will be like this.

It will be helpful if there are is any suggestion about the same.

VineetRana12, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask?

1. Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask? - Similar Threads - Cortana tell song

2. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can anyone tell what this is?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffa80a13e65010Parameter 2: fffff8056d5c60c8Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 44cOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033...
  3. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone tell what this is?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffa80a13e65010Parameter 2: fffff8056d5c60c8Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 44cOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033...
  4. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIT.tmp and wct.tmp files , can you tell me what is it?: I just formatted my computer, but something happens to me that I don't know if it happens to others , I have certain files in the local temp folder called BIT number and letter mixed and they are .tmp files for example BITFB7A.tmp, I realized that they are files that are...
  6. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  7. When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...

in Cortana
    When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...: Whenever I ask Cortana to play any song or specific song by an artist on Spotify, then it just opens the Spotify app but doesn't play the music. Then nothing happens in the app and I have to do it manually. I am facing this from a few days. It was alright before. Can anything...
  8. Songs wont play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Songs wont play: I have tons of music on my Surface pro. It will play some songs, others it wont. Yet when I load them on my Android phone using samsung player, they play fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/songs-wont-play/ae9d05b2-1dbe-4b6b-b38e-d9b3f994312a
  9. How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...: I've been noticing A LOT of fake websites with "free" offers and the like...How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that Microsoft.com is really Microsoft?) If you use any specific programs, please recommend them. Thank you in...
  10. You need a subscription to play <song> by <artist> on Groove - Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You need a subscription to play <song> by <artist> on Groove - Cortana: [img] How do I fix this? Like 80% of the songs in my music library cannot be played by Cortana either by voice or typing a command in (I just get told I need a subscription when I already HAVE the song--only a few songs play properly via Cortana). 65182