Windows 10: Can Custom Scaling be turned off permanently?

Discus and support Can Custom Scaling be turned off permanently? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where my laptop sets custom scaling to 175% every time I power cycle. It scales all screens to some degree, regardless of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nope45678, Jul 14, 2019.

1. nope45678 Win User

Can Custom Scaling be turned off permanently?

I'm having an issue where my laptop sets custom scaling to 175% every time I power cycle. It scales all screens to some degree, regardless of resolution, and requires me to log off and on again to fix it, which is mildly infuriating.
    I've updated all drivers and checked through all my display adapter settings and can't seem to find anything.

Ultimately, I just want 100% on everything, without having to fix it all up again every time I power-cycle.

Laptop is an HP Zbook, running an i7 and AMD Radeon Pro Graphics.

:)

nope45678, Jul 14, 2019

2. Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On

I am running windows 10. I have a dual monitor setup. One is 1080p and the main one is 1440p. I'm having an issue that custom scaling keeps turning on after I have turned it off. I go into display properties, click turn off custom scaling and sign out.
    I do that. It appears to work, but then on the next boot up, the custom scaling is back again. I have tried uninstalling my monitors and having device manager find them again and reinstalling, but not dice.

Any suggestions? So frustrating that this keeps getting turned on without my permission.

StoneStep 1014, Jul 14, 2019
  3. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Screen permanently enlarged by 225%. I can't disable that.

Hi Knud,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

As you have stated that you are using a workstation, could you please tell me if the system is connected to Domain?

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to turn off custom scaling:

1. Press the Windows key and ‘I’ key, this will open the Settings app for you.
    2. Click on ‘System’, under ‘Display’, click on ‘Advanced scaling settings’ to confirm that the field under ‘Custom scaling’ is empty.
    3. Click on back to go to the previous page.
    4. Under ‘Scale and layout’, check if you have an option that says ‘Turn off custom scaling and sign out’. If it is available, click on it. This will sign you out.
    5. Log in to your system and check for the issue.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display adapters. You can refer this article to

Update drivers in Windows 10
    , kindly follow the steps with respect to your Display adapter and check if it works for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Can Custom Scaling be turned off permanently? - Similar Threads - Custom Scaling turned

2. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  3. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  4. Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.: When I use any of my media keys there is a black pop on the the top left its really annoying. I would like for it to just show the volume or even completly turn off, or be in the bottom left or right corner....
  5. Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.: When I use any of my media keys there is a black pop on the the top left its really annoying. I would like for it to just show the volume or even completly turn off, or be in the bottom left or right corner....
  6. Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Display Customization - Scaling

Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  8. Custom scaling query

Custom scaling query: If I make scaling a very high percentage in Windows 10, does it revert to 100% or a more easy to read size if you log into safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-scaling-query/0b5fca9c-4ba1-4190-a6b6-a81d65472183
  9. Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On: I am running windows 10. I have a dual monitor setup. One is 1080p and the main one is 1440p. I'm having an issue that custom scaling keeps turning on after I have turned it off. I go into display properties, click turn off custom scaling and sign out. I do that. It...
  10. custom scaling level.

in Windows 10 Support
    custom scaling level.: Under set a custom scaling level. How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke? I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again for the changes for the changes to take effect. Besides that how can I set it up with one keystroke? Don Cole 112657