Windows 10: can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied?

Discus and support can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When my office computer needed to be rebuilt this week, Office 365's programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) were installed from scratch so I don't have ANY of... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by HexagonRobinCB, Aug 15, 2020.

1. can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied?

When my office computer needed to be rebuilt this week, Office 365's programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) were installed from scratch so I don't have ANY of my MANY defaults/personalizations/etc. but I still have access to my previous hard drive. Is there anywhere I can find something/somethings to copy to my new computer so that I don't need to spend time re-creating my defaults, etc.? I'm talking about file/options, etc. AND/OR my Quick Access Toolbar customizations.

By the way, our IT needed to rebuild my computer (give me a new hard-drive) this week due to recent updates so it isn't as if my previous hard-drive was corrupt or anything. It's been so very convenient ever since Office copied/kept all customizations when updating; but now I'm having to start from scratch ... not a happy camper here! Can anything help?

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016)

:)

HexagonRobinCB, Aug 15, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Default Apps and Office 365 in Windows 10

Would someone from Microsoft actually type an answer to this problem, as it described? The lame suggestions given so far have not addressed the issue. Office 365 is installed, but when attempting to associate files with Office 365, there is not a choice given
    to choose an Office 365 program.

What is a user to do to get an xlsx or docx file to open with Excel 2016 or Word 2016 when the "Choose default apps" in settings is not recognizing that Office 365 exists?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JLingenfelder, Aug 15, 2020
  4. can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied?

Default Apps and Office 365 in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You can set defaults by program/app by clicking Set defaults by app. This will open the Set Default Programs Control Panel window.

Choose a program and click set this program as default to set the program as the default program for all file types and protocols it's capable of opening, or click Choose defaults for this program to pick individual file types and protocols from a list.

Or you can refer to the below link and check if it helps. (Also applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied?

1. can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied? - Similar Threads - default settings Office

2. Office - default Folder settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office - default Folder settings?: Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-default-folder-settings/1c9748c5-ebc5-4761-8e45-7b26192056f5
  3. Office - default Folder settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office - default Folder settings?: Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-default-folder-settings/1c9748c5-ebc5-4761-8e45-7b26192056f5
  4. Office 365 as well a Office Show in Setting/Apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 as well a Office Show in Setting/Apps: I just noticed that both Office 365 and plain old Office show up in Settings/Apps and I wonder why? As far as I know I installed and use only 365 (Outlook, Word and Excel) not Office. Any idea how 'Office' got in the Apps list as well as my Start menu. Can I uninstall it?...
  5. Office 365 Copy and Paste *PHOTO* issue

Office 365 Copy and Paste *PHOTO* issue: Hi Everyone, First time poster, but have visited this forum on a number of different occasions. I' am normally one for working things out for myself, however this issue has got me stumped to no end. The issue only started to occur after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows...
  6. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default programs: I am aware of how to change the default program in windows for file extensions, etc, but I want to be able to set the default association to any application of my choosing. I have seen old guides about this going into the old control panel, but that no longer works. Is there...
  7. Office 365 - Program Icons disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 - Program Icons disappear: I purchased Office 365 along a with a new computer a few months ago. Everything was working normally until a couple of days ago and the Office 365 taskbar icons disappeared (still there but the icons are gone). I searched for the Office programs in the search bar and could...
  8. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting default programs: I would like to know why you can only set Microsoft Programs as the default programs In Windows 10, I have a media player i realy like and i can not set it as my default Media Program for some reason and i would like to know why and how Microsft is allowed by the Governement...
  9. Installed Office 365 but Setting to make it Default App does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed Office 365 but Setting to make it Default App does not work: I had an Office 2010 then installed Office 365 Clicking on files like .docx would open under 2010, so I tried the following * uninstalled 2010 * both short & long repair procedures for Office 365 (under the Settings Apps) * lots of experimentation with Setting Default...
  10. Office 365 - uninstall before installing own copy of Office?

Office 365 - uninstall before installing own copy of Office?: Hi... My lady friend of the moment has been given an Asus Vivobook as a birthday present. It's a basic unit with an 11.6'' screen which she'd like to use instead of her laptop, when she needs something lighter and easily carried. The Asus comes loaded with Windows...