Windows 10: Can different users accounts run in the background.

Discus and support Can different users accounts run in the background. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I’m signed into one user and start to upload a video to YouTube, can I switch to another user and do different stuff and the video still upload? Or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/markp_1998, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Can different users accounts run in the background.

If I’m signed into one user and start to upload a video to YouTube, can I switch to another user and do different stuff and the video still upload? Or do I have to stay on the same user?

Thank you for any help

submitted by /u/markp_1998
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/markp_1998, Jan 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Can different users accounts run in the background.

Admin user account changed after streaming game in Xbox from different user account

Hi Eric,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know are you logged-in using Microsoft account?

Let’s try simple steps and check if that helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest to convert the current user account to the local user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Once you are done converting to local user account, convert your local user account to Microsoft account. Follow the above steps skip step 3 and click on
    Your email and accounts and click on Sign-in with a Microsoft account instead. Enter the
    password, click on Next and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into Microsoft account.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Can different users accounts run in the background.

1. Can different users accounts run in the background. - Similar Threads - different users accounts

2. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  3. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  4. Windows 11 Run as Different User login prompt hides in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Run as Different User login prompt hides in background: When logged in with a regular account and choose to open a program with "Run as Different User" the login/security prompt hides in background behind all other windows....
  5. Windows 11 Run as Different User login prompt hides in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Run as Different User login prompt hides in background: When logged in with a regular account and choose to open a program with "Run as Different User" the login/security prompt hides in background behind all other windows....
  6. Run as different user: How to give permissions to a secondary user on the primary user account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run as different user: How to give permissions to a secondary user on the primary user account.: I am having a problem with the application Canon Digital Photo Professional DPP. It is not responding. I created a secondary admin account and tested the application and it works fine on that account. The only problem is that account cannot access the drives on my computer...
  7. Run as different user missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run as different user missing: Hello there, I have recently discovered that the "Run as different user" option is missing for file explorer. I just did a bunch of updates. When I hold the Shift key and right click something like CMD or RDP, it shows this option in addition to run as admin. I have found...
  8. A user logins when running in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A user logins when running in background: Hello, This has been bugging me quite for a few months now and I haven't found a solution for it. So there are 3 local users on PC. My dad(Admin right), Me (Owner), My brother (Local standard account). Everytime i login into my account or my dads account my brother account...
  9. Running as a different user / Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running as a different user / Administrator: Hi, I work in a large enterprise and found that many users on the service desk / 2nd line support are having issues when running applications such as CMD, Active Directory, SCCM etc as a different user (signing in with their Admin Account) When they sign in as a...
  10. User accounts and users are different

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...