Windows 10: Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

Discus and support Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to know that: Can diskpart can delete C: drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gıoogle Gıoogle, May 28, 2023.

1. Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

I want to know that: Can diskpart can delete C: drive?

:)

Gıoogle Gıoogle, May 28, 2023
  2. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, May 28, 2023
  3. bro67 Win User
    Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10

A simple websearch would have given you info quicker than complaining about someone suggesting to upgrade to Windows 10 and something causing the Windows.old to be deleted, which I doubt was caused by Microsoft.
    Rebuild System Partition

The second way here we can put forward is to rebuild the system partition. If you don't want to pay a penny to do the lost partition recovery, try this method. Note that this requires you have the Windows installation disk. Now follow the instructions to begin.
    Preparatory work:
    Boot the computer using the Windows installation media for your running OS. Then on the first installation screen, press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the command prompt.
    Now run the following commands at the command prompt.
    Step 1:
    bootrec /fixmbr
    Step 2:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition n (n is the Windows OS partition)
    active
    exit (exit diskpart)
    Step 3:
    bootrec /fixboot
    Step 4:
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

bro67, May 28, 2023
  4. Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

I have a Laptop HDD [ my preferred option as opposed to an SSD on this Laptop ] arriving on Friday and I want to use DiskPart to Setup the size of the OS Partition. The main reason I want to do it this way is because DiskPart can create an exact 30 GB Partition [ my OCD ] for example. Here are the steps that I tried the other day which did NOT work . . .

• Boot from the install USB.
    • On the Windows Installation Screen press Shift + F10.
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk 0
    • clean
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • exit
    • exit
    I intend to leave assign AND format fs=ntfs for Windows to perform as normal during the installation.

Thanks.

Paul Black, May 28, 2023
Thema:

Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

1. Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS? - Similar Threads - diskpart delete while

2. will cloud delete photos from OS C:?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    will cloud delete photos from OS C:?: To minimize the risk o https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-cloud-delete-photos-from-os-c/638e1864-df3a-4764-b710-a207e92c304d
  3. will cloud delete photos from OS C:?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will cloud delete photos from OS C:?: To minimize the risk o https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-cloud-delete-photos-from-os-c/638e1864-df3a-4764-b710-a207e92c304d
  4. will cloud delete photos from OS C:?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?: I want to know that: Can diskpart can delete C: drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-diskpart-delete-c-while-running-the-os/ec3f5b1d-0234-44ad-87a3-3c1c604e2943
  6. Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?: I want to know that: Can diskpart can delete C: drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-diskpart-delete-c-while-running-the-os/ec3f5b1d-0234-44ad-87a3-3c1c604e2943
  7. Deleted everything in OS C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted everything in OS C: drive: HiI accidentally cleaned my disk with the OS and recovery partitions on it installing Windows 10 from a USB. I was trying to create a new partition for it to be installed on, and wiped “Disk 0” clean instead of “Disk 1”, which was the USB flash drive. I am trying to recover...
  8. Deleted everything in OS C: drive

Deleted everything in OS C: drive: HiI accidentally cleaned my disk with the OS and recovery partitions on it installing Windows 10 from a USB. I was trying to create a new partition for it to be installed on, and wiped “Disk 0” clean instead of “Disk 1”, which was the USB flash drive. I am trying to recover...
  9. C:\Windows.old - can it be deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    C:\Windows.old - can it be deleted: Recently reinstalled Windows from v1803 to v1809 via the MediaCreationTool Noticed I now have a 20GB directory C:\Windows.old Can I delete this directory if I am satisfied with the current performance of windows etc. 128630
  10. Running Diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running Diskpart: I use this to select a drive to backup data,drive is not always powered up. I only power this up after windows has booted and need to backup something. Every time I use this now when I boot the backup drive it always wants to do a disk check?Never did this in windows7,what...