Windows 10: Can download rar files without Internet explorer getting in the way

Discus and support Can download rar files without Internet explorer getting in the way in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can’t download rar files to my default folder app file explorer. https://imgur.com/a/sXwpvdy submitted by /u/Midget_Child [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Midget_Child, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Can download rar files without Internet explorer getting in the way

/u/Midget_Child, Aug 28, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 28, 2020
  3. rar files opening with Internet Explorer

I want My rar files to open with Internet Explorer but I accidentally got them opening with Internet Explorer. I want them to return to opening with Files Explorer.

KlaraPullyblank, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Cruvenium Win User

Can download rar files without Internet explorer getting in the way

[IE6] Internet Explorer Cannot Download / [SITE]

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Internet Explorer 6.

In any website I try to access, I get this

Internet Explorer cannot download / SITE
    Internet Explorere was not able to open this internet site.

There's a downloading file right behind it. I'm just trying to access a site, but it shows that. Why is it? Is there a way to cure this error?

Cruvenium, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Can download rar files without Internet explorer getting in the way

1. Can download rar files without Internet explorer getting in the way - Similar Threads - download rar files

2. Rar, and only rar files somehow getting blocked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rar, and only rar files somehow getting blocked.: I have a HP 840 G5, running Windows 11 22H2 and everything is updated, the core Windows as in. I have one problem, and honestly I don't know when it started. All rar files that I've downloaded will not open no matter what I do. At first I thought they were corrupt but after...
  3. Rar, and only rar files somehow getting blocked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rar, and only rar files somehow getting blocked.: I have a HP 840 G5, running Windows 11 22H2 and everything is updated, the core Windows as in. I have one problem, and honestly I don't know when it started. All rar files that I've downloaded will not open no matter what I do. At first I thought they were corrupt but after...
  4. Rar file dosent want to download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rar file dosent want to download: Hello, i have one big problem, my rar and zip files cant be downloaded. I also tried to go on www.rarlab.com to downoad 64x prcessor. It says that the file is blocked. Thanks for the answer....
  5. How do I open a rar file with Internet Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I open a rar file with Internet Explorer?: I am trying to open a rar file to install a driver for my graphic tablet. Each time I try to open with Internet Explorer, the program immediately closes without being able to do anything. What should I do to open the rar file or should I just use a different software to open...
  6. file explorer rar

file explorer rar: for some reason now my files in file explorer only download in rar and open in internet explorer. i want to change it back to the default settings, because those originally worked for me....
  7. Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer?

Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer?: I tried to switch around some stuff because my .rar's opened as Windows Media Players application. I attempted to find the explorer .exe. I found it and it said this. [ATTACH]...
  8. rar files opening with Internet Explorer

rar files opening with Internet Explorer: I want My rar files to open with Internet Explorer but I accidentally got them opening with Internet Explorer. I want them to return to opening with Files Explorer....
  9. Rar files wont download??

Rar files wont download??: Hello I recently got my PC fixed with a fresh wipe of windows 10. But now I cant download any Rar files, everytime I try to this shows up.. [ATTACH] I can download any other file besides rar.. I dont get it and ive tried to look up tutorials but it wont work! Someone...
  10. Internet Explorer is downloading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer is downloading files: I have accidentally set internet explorer as my default for downloading apps, but I do not like Internet explorer's slow download speed, can I change my default for downloading apps back to the original? I use Chrome, and I just do not like IE....