Windows 10: Can downloading other files affect Windows update speed?

Discus and support Can downloading other files affect Windows update speed? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What if i download updates for Windows but at the same time i'm also downloading torrents? My internet speed (browsing speed) is about 100-300kbps but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alfa server, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Can downloading other files affect Windows update speed?

What if i download updates for Windows but at the same time i'm also downloading torrents? My internet speed (browsing speed) is about 100-300kbps but in actual downloads like when i'm downloading from a browser or bittorrent client the speed ranges around 30-50kb/s for browser downloads and 5-25 kbps for torrents. Is the speed the same for Windows updates or does it download in a slower pace? For example, when downloading updates & torrents at the same time or downloading updates only, would there be a difference?

:)

alfa server, Nov 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 Auto Update Through metered Hotspot

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

How does setting my network connection to metered affect my PC?

Any app that relies on an Internet connection to update or display info might be limited in the amount of data it can download or display. You might notice these and other effects:

• Windows Update will only download priority updates.

• Apps downloading from the Windows Store might be paused.

• Start screen tiles might stop updating.

• Offline files might not sync automatically.
    Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Nov 17, 2015
  3. vatz88 Win User
    Not able to install Windows 10 anniversary update in Windows 10 Education edition.

The problem is solved. For others who face such problem here's the solution.

Use the media creation tool. You will require your product key. It will download the iso file.

Once iso file is downloaded, mount and open it. Run setup.

Windows with the update will be installed.

Note: Your data, apps and installed software won't be affected.

vatz88, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

Can downloading other files affect Windows update speed?

1. Can downloading other files affect Windows update speed? - Similar Threads - downloading files affect

2. Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??: Hi, I've been streaming quiet a lot lately; it's been going quiet well till this. Ever since I updated Windows 10, my upload speed tend to drop down quiet a ton. I have no clue what it is and it's kind of stressing me out. My ISP says that it's fine on both sides. So a help...
  3. Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??: Hi, I've been streaming quiet a lot lately; it's been going quiet well till this. Ever since I updated Windows 10, my upload speed tend to drop down quiet a ton. I have no clue what it is and it's kind of stressing me out. My ISP says that it's fine on both sides. So a help...
  4. Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. download speeds when downloading a file on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speeds when downloading a file on windows 11: So recently my downloading speeds when downloading a file have went to about 100 kb/s consitenly which i find odd because before it was at around 20 mb/s. I dont know why this is happening. I did a test and got 95 mb/s upload and download 98 mb/s. Does someone know anything...
  6. Browser download speeds slow compared to other downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser download speeds slow compared to other downloads: Been trying to download a file, but only getting download speeds of around 50 KB/s. On the same network ive had downloads speeds of around 80 Mb/s. I've tried ethernet and wifi but the speed is the same, also tried downloading different things but they all still get a similar...
  7. Windows Update download speeds

Windows Update download speeds: I have an ACER desktop running windows 10 64 bit 8GB of RAM version 20H2 processor speed 2.90Ghz and a Dell laptop running windows 10 64bit 8GB of RAM version 20H2 processor speed 1.60GHz The Dell downloads and installs the updates 3-4 times faster...
  8. My download speed is really slow in browsers whereas my other download speeds (such as in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My download speed is really slow in browsers whereas my other download speeds (such as in...: I barely get above 50KBPS in my browsers whereas the usual download speed is around 2-3MBPS. submitted by /u/jo_step [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyahfe/my_download_speed_is_really_slow_in_browsers/
  9. Download speed different for other windows accounts

Download speed different for other windows accounts: Having issues with download and upload speeds on the second windows account added to out new pc. The first account added downloads quite quick while doing anything on the internet with other accounts is much slower. Is there any reason why this might be or a setting that...
  10. App updates affect on other user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App updates affect on other user accounts: So once again a native app updates, in this case Tips, and once again the app fails to launch for the other user accounts afterwards. It's fine in my user acc where the update initiated from. But I am seeing this far too frequently when ms updates it's own apps. It is a time...