Windows 10: Can drivers be potential virus?

Discus and support Can drivers be potential virus? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am suspicious of a software which adds a virtual audio device and an application to support. So I copied the driver files from a software and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shubham21, Feb 2, 2021.

1. shubham21 Win User

Can drivers be potential virus?

I am suspicious of a software which adds a virtual audio device and an application to support. So I copied the driver files from a software and then I clean install windows 10, and add that driver from device manager "add a legacy driver" and things work as desired.
    The driver is digitally signed my Microsoft, otherwise it would not get installed. So my question is previously if exe file(software) was doing something suspicious, can it do now when I did not install software but only the drivers?

Can drivers be potential virus? [​IMG]

:)

shubham21, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Feb 2, 2021
  3. remove a virus

1) Do steps 1, 2 and 5 in this multi-step removal guide:
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-potentially-unwanted-program/

2) Do not download anything from the link (pcrisk) which another user previously posted. It's one of those SpyHunter pushing sites. SpyHunter is a commercial program which is absolutely not recommended here in Microsoft Community.

3) Suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Can drivers be potential virus?

TONIC DRIVER TROJAN VIRUS

Hi . I'm Reinald, an Independent advisor and a Windows user like you.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

You could first try to uninstall Driver Tonic from Windows by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key > Search for "Control Panel"

2. Under Programs > Select "Uninstall a program"

3. Scroll through the list until you find the “Driver Tonic” program > click to highlight it > click the “Uninstall” button that appears on the top toolbar.

If the steps above won't work, you can try this suggested guide by A.User. This application was also suggested by other independent advisors. My personal computer was once infected by this virus and this is the same guide that i used:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/245424-re...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Reinald T., Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Can drivers be potential virus?

1. Can drivers be potential virus? - Similar Threads - drivers potential virus

2. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  3. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  4. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  5. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  6. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Potential Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential Virus?: Every time I start up my computer 3 tabs of PowerShell pop up on my screen despite me turning off the run upon startup option in my task manager. Another issue I've had is when I open up Google Chrome it pops up for a second, then closes and restarts every time. I have also...
  8. Potential ViRuS please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential ViRuS please help: I let a roommate use my computer for about 20 mins because she claimed she had to download an image onto a USB drive. Afterwards my computer was completely slower and I couldn't download any anti virus software and even had trouble accessing certain anti virus websites. I...
  9. Potential Virus on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential Virus on PC: Hello, I have made an AMD PC and used my storage from my old pc. There has been an application called, Intel Security Assist. I can not uninstall or remove it, and this application has been on my pc for years now. Is this Malware or an application that simply can not be...
  10. Is this a potential virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a potential virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iTechsTR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx1sy3/is_this_a_potential_virus/