Windows 10: Can files AND folders be sorted together by Date Created?

Discus and support Can files AND folders be sorted together by Date Created? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://www.loom.com/share/054ec4604988411896c7a0559bc2f3ca video to help illustrate my question. I asked this I think here also before, on why it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ecbusiness, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Can files AND folders be sorted together by Date Created?

https://www.loom.com/share/054ec4604988411896c7a0559bc2f3ca video to help illustrate my question.

I asked this I think here also before, on why it was like that, a user said it is just really like that (folders are separated).

I want to know though if there's something I can do to make the folders appear together with the files so that when I sort them by Date Created I don't have to scroll down to the folders for 26/11/2019.

submitted by /u/ecbusiness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ecbusiness, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Sort by date added to folder

Sorry - it seems I'm not explaining myself well. I know I can add different columns, what I do not know is if there is a column that will allow you to sort by date added.

What I mean by that is:

Lets say that at 9am this morning I added the file cats.jpg to a folder that is full of pictures. Then at 3pm I added the file dogs.jpg. I now want to sort the folder by the date that the file was added. So it would list first dogs.jpg, then cats.jpg
    and on through all the files. Note this is when added, rather than when created/modified/last accessed.

I've tried lots of different columns with date in them, and none of them seem to be doing what I need. I'm not sure if I'm missing something (because responses to this question suggest it can be done), or if it's actually not possible to know when a file
    was added to a folder (as opposed to created).

Mem_123412, Nov 25, 2019
  4. 409409409 Win User

Can files AND folders be sorted together by Date Created?

Sort files AND folders by "Date Modified" in File Explorer

Hello,

Is there a way to sort folders and individual files by "Date Modified" together? Right now, when I sort by "Date Modified," folders are automatically put at the bottom below files, even if they have been modified more recently than a file. When I'm quickly
    scanning a list, this is very distracting. How can I fix this?

409409409, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Can files AND folders be sorted together by Date Created?

1. Can files AND folders be sorted together by Date Created? - Similar Threads - files folders sorted

2. sort files by date, but with all folders at top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort files by date, but with all folders at top?: In W10 I had the ability to sort explorer views with all folders at the top, and then all files sorted by descending date.I don't recall the magic settings for this, but cannot seem to reproduce it in W11.Any way?...
  3. sort files by date, but with all folders at top?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sort files by date, but with all folders at top?: In W10 I had the ability to sort explorer views with all folders at the top, and then all files sorted by descending date.I don't recall the magic settings for this, but cannot seem to reproduce it in W11.Any way?...
  4. Sorting multiple folders by the date of the oldest or youngest file created within them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting multiple folders by the date of the oldest or youngest file created within them: Hi I have a whole bunch of folders with a unique identifier and I'm looking to simply identify or sort the folders by the youngest age of the content, i.e the date with which the most recent file was created within that folder...Unfortunately due to a merge, all the folders...
  5. Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?

Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?: Hi, I've recently ran into a conundrum that I can't find a solution to. I am trying to organise my collection of photographs. Since a lot of photos only have a random set of letters and numbers for a name such as IMG_78953, it makes sense to order them in their folders by the...
  6. File Folder Sorting by date in name

File Folder Sorting by date in name: I have folders where the name starts with the date. IE: 04.14.21 Name, which is April 14, 2021. How do I sort these by Newest to Oldest date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-sorting-by-date-in-name/618a448c-717d-40bb-870b-a52badbddc56
  7. Sort files by date with folders on top

Sort files by date with folders on top: Until recently, when I used File Explorer, the folder list was always at the top! If I want to sort everything inside a folder by name ascending, it put the folders on top by name ascending then files next by name ascending. If I want to sort everything inside a folder by...
  8. Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?

Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?: Heyo! I would like to drag songs from my computer to my phone, but some songs are still in extra folders and some are not. Is there any way to display files and folders together in Win 10? Not so that the folders are at the top and the files at the bottom, but e.g. folder...
  9. Sort files and folders together

Sort files and folders together: I would like to sort files and folders together (alphabetically for example). So after an extensive search, I found plenty of old threads dating from years ago about people trying to achieve the same stuff in Windows Explorer. Examples:...
  10. How to get File Explorer to sort folders and files together?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get File Explorer to sort folders and files together?: Currently I can only get all folders sorted and then all files sorted. I'd like to get them to sort together. Specifically this is for my Movies drive, which has thousands of films... most are in folders, but some are just files. I searched here and elsewhere, but did not...