Windows 10: can free macrium 6 create both an image of your hdd and a clone??

Discus and support can free macrium 6 create both an image of your hdd and a clone?? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Can macrium reflect 6 create a clone image or does that capability only come with the paid version? 94765 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Oct 3, 2017.

1. provlima Win User

can free macrium 6 create both an image of your hdd and a clone??

Can macrium reflect 6 create a clone image or does that capability only come with the paid version?

:)

provlima, Oct 3, 2017

2. Windows Boot Sector corrupted

Does your HDD installation still work? If so then this would be the correct procedure to follow:

• Use Macrium Reflect (or a similar tool) to create an image of your installation.
    • Disconnect the HDD, connect the SSD.
    • Boot the machine with the Macrium Reflect bootable rescue flash disk.
    • Restore the image to the SSD.
    In general: When restoring images you must make sure at the first reboot to connect the new disk only. If both disks are connected then you risk ruining both installations.

Frederik Long, Oct 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 recovery partition on external drive

You can maximize the space of the 500gb hdd by using a simple folder structure instead of a partition system

Macrium free is the best system imaging program I've found

Create a folder for the system image and point macrium reflect to create the system image into it = easy.

Put your other personal file in other folders you create

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

The best thing about reflect is you can open an image and copy and paste files out of it and into your personal files can free macrium 6 create both an image of your hdd and a clone?? :)

Reflect simply mounts the image in explorer can free macrium 6 create both an image of your hdd and a clone?? :)

You can right click the mounted image and unmount it at any time.

ThrashZone, Oct 3, 2017
  4. can free macrium 6 create both an image of your hdd and a clone??

Josey Wales, Oct 3, 2017
Thema:

can free macrium 6 create both an image of your hdd and a clone??

1. can free macrium 6 create both an image of your hdd and a clone?? - Similar Threads - free macrium create

2. Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free: Hi Everyone! My new post today is a follow up from this thread where I had successfully cloned my Hard Disk Drive to an SSD Drive with the same capacity of 1 TB. However, this post isn't about my computer, as it's still working like a racehorse with the newly installed SSD....
  3. Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging): Hi folks The standalone version of Free Macrium will backup and restore Linux systems -- but with a slight proviso you will probably have to re-generate the bootloader / grub on the first boot of the restored system. I'm specifying IMAGING the systems and not cloning them as...
  4. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  5. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  6. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  7. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  8. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...
  9. Does Macrium Free Do Disk Cloning?

Does Macrium Free Do Disk Cloning?: I have two identical 1T seagate drives and I am trying to clone from one to the other. One is the system disk with drives C: and E: on it - that's the source drive - and the other is a drive I've labelled 'J:' via Diskpart - that's the target drive. Previous attempts to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...