Windows 10: Can game save data be transferred from a MircoSD card to the PC and then back to said...

Discus and support Can game save data be transferred from a MircoSD card to the PC and then back to said... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, my Nintendo Switch was repaired and returned to me. Unfortunately, the system is requiring me to format the MicroSD card in order to use it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeoKadaj, Dec 13, 2019.

1. NeoKadaj Win User

Can game save data be transferred from a MircoSD card to the PC and then back to said...

Recently, my Nintendo Switch was repaired and returned to me. Unfortunately, the system is requiring me to format the MicroSD card in order to use it, and when I do, it will delete everything on the card. A lot of critical data is on that card, including data I have sunk money into. I do not wish to lose it, as that will be data I will be forced to buy again. A lot of progress is also stored on that card, and I would very much like to retain it.

Can such data be transferred as a file(s) to my PC and then be summarily returned to the SD card after it's been formatted?

:)

NeoKadaj, Dec 13, 2019

2. Uploading data from android to pc

Hi AlaynaHarstine,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

• Have you tried to connect the Android device to PC using an USB cable?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Connect the Android device to the PC using a micro USB cable.
    • You can see an ‘AutoPlay popup’ on your PC once your phone is successfully connected and recognized by the computer. Click on the ‘Open folder to view files’ option.
    • Copy and paste the files or folders that you want to recover from your phone's internal memory to your PC.
    • When the steps are done, you can successfully recover and transfer your data from Android phone with broken screen to your PC.

Alternatively, if you have the data saved on an external SD card, then you can plug in the card to the PC to transfer the data. You may need an adaptor to read the SD card on the PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
  4. ste2425 Win User

Can game save data be transferred from a MircoSD card to the PC and then back to said...

Transfer game saves

is it possible to somehow transfer games saves from a xbox 360 to the pc version of the same game?

As some of you may know my xbox got the 3 red rings and i cannot afford a new one so im just going to stick with pc gaming but i dont want to have to start all my games again, especially fallout new vegas.

thanks guys

ste2425, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Can game save data be transferred from a MircoSD card to the PC and then back to said... - Similar Threads - game save data

2. is transfer data game console to xbox app pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is transfer data game console to xbox app pc: hi Is there a way to transfer game and backup data from xbox series x/s,one consoles to computer and run it in xbox app pc game pass? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-transfer-data-game-console-to-xbox-app-pc/a527c01f-8a18-4c04-bf09-d55780c82613
  3. is transfer data game console to xbox app pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is transfer data game console to xbox app pc: hi Is there a way to transfer game and backup data from xbox series x/s,one consoles to computer and run it in xbox app pc game pass? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-transfer-data-game-console-to-xbox-app-pc/a527c01f-8a18-4c04-bf09-d55780c82613
  4. Can i not transfer data from old laptop to new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i not transfer data from old laptop to new pc: a friend of mine told me when he put his microsoft account from his old pc to a new laptop all of his desktop and the programs he downloaded transformed to the new pc an I'm about to be a new pc and i dont want that to happen i want my microsoft account but with a fresh...
  5. Can i not transfer data from old laptop to new pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i not transfer data from old laptop to new pc: a friend of mine told me when he put his microsoft account from his old pc to a new laptop all of his desktop and the programs he downloaded transformed to the new pc an I'm about to be a new pc and i dont want that to happen i want my microsoft account but with a fresh...
  6. Can i not transfer data from old laptop to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. is there a way to transfer money from Microsoft balance back into card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to transfer money from Microsoft balance back into card?: i accidently used my gift card to add balance instead of placing it as a payment option. i need desperate help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-transfer-money-from-microsoft/c7ae46b9-6084-41d9-908b-8d04873fd355
  8. Game data not saved

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game data not saved: Hey, so I recently built a new pc and wiped all my drives so I could start from scratch because I basically only have games on my computer that just have saved data when I redownloaded them. This is not the case for Forza 4. I have Forza 4 from the windows store ad I have...
  9. Game Data Transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game Data Transfer: I had to get a new PC and most everything transferred but the data on the Overdrive City game I was playing on the old computer. How do I get the data to transfer over without having to start from scratch?...
  10. Transferring data from PC to Fire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring data from PC to Fire: I am trying to move documents from my PC running Windows 10 to my Fire Tablet. In the instructions it says I need to install Media Player 11, however, the store tells me I cannot download/install it on Windows 10. What can I do to be able to move documents from PC to...