Windows 10: Can generic windows product keys activate windows?

Discus and support Can generic windows product keys activate windows? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My windows tablet has a generic windows key and it’s activated and linked to my microsoft account. Is if possible for a generic windows key to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Emmanuel’s 2nd Account, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Can generic windows product keys activate windows?

My windows tablet has a generic windows key and it’s activated and linked to my microsoft account. Is if possible for a generic windows key to activate windows?

:)

Emmanuel’s 2nd Account, Sep 30, 2019
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Sep 30, 2019
  3. tigger Win User

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Sep 30, 2019
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Can generic windows product keys activate windows?

KMS Keys: Appendix A: KMS Client Setup Keys

Windows usually activates as soon as you change the product key from the KMS key to your Windows 8 key. You are then free to either enter your WMC key or not.

FX-GMC, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Can generic windows product keys activate windows?

1. Can generic windows product keys activate windows? - Similar Threads - generic product keys

2. Generic product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Generic product key?: I am installing an SSD for a friend on a working PC with an old patter drive that is super slow. I used a product key finder and got VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM- 9MPGT-3V66T product key finder says this is OEM and I need a digital license for activation. This PC is licensed already....
  3. Windows activation - Showing Generic key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows activation - Showing Generic key: Hello guys, I got my new PC assembled few days back from a local hardware shop. Then I bought Windows 10 Home edition from Microsoft store. Before activating the Windows with the product key I found my PC activating the Windows itself. After searching regarding this...
  4. generic product key

generic product key: anyone have generic product key for windows 10 home single language version 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-product-key/43a2179d-fa3b-4314-b60c-34057fefb104
  5. Activation of Windows/ Product Key

Activation of Windows/ Product Key: I just bought this PC from a neighbor and reset it and now trying to activate windows, it was working fine before. I found the Product key and put it in and then error code 0xC004C003 popped up and said its not vaild :/ is there a way to fix this? Please and thank you :...
  6. Windows Activation Product Key

Windows Activation Product Key: If I don't have a product key or digital license, what do I need to do to find or acquire a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-product-key/46bfbc55-901e-47d7-9db2-1470b57edb6f"
  7. ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?: I upgraded from win7 to win10. I now want to move my system/installation to a new SSD drive. However whilst I have created a Windows 10 media installation disk i have been advised that i still need a licence key once Win10 installed on the new SSD. They have suggested...
  8. Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation Product Key: Hello I cannot Activate My Windows It will Expire ON OCT 21,2018 And I cannot Find my Product Key I have just bought my Laptop this Month Please Help me Thankyou!!!...
  9. Windows 10 activated using generic key

Windows 10 activated using generic key: Hey guys! I have updated my Windows 8.1 system to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool's upgrade option. The upgrade went smoothly, Windows was activated yet when I checked my key it is the generic key given out to Microsoft Insiders. I didn't sign up for the...
  10. Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions: How to: Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions List of Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions Generic keys (aka: "default keys") for Windows 10 from Microsoft will allow you to install a specific Windows 10 edition you want, but will not...