Windows 10: Can get on internet and access it but PC doesn't think i have internet?

Discus and support Can get on internet and access it but PC doesn't think i have internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have tried literally everything i have found on google. I am accessing this website as i talk on my pc that doesnt think i have internet access. Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenMarlenee, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Can get on internet and access it but PC doesn't think i have internet?

i have tried literally everything i have found on google. I am accessing this website as i talk on my pc that doesnt think i have internet access. Its hindering my ability to play games i need xbox live for. I have tried network resets, driver uninstalls and updates, every cmd prompt thing i could find. im stuck asking on here since i cant find a fix. i brought my pc home one day and i had to use thernet to get on which also thinks i dont have internet, i have NO wifi settings at all i cant find my router under my wifi. Please help

:)

BenMarlenee, Jul 15, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online

Maybe Firewall causing the "No Internet Access" problem turn it off to test it.

Visit your network card manufacturer website and install latest version of the driver.

On Windows 10, you can also use the "Network reset" feature to fix Wi-Fi or Ethernet connectivity problems after installing an update or at any time that you can't connect to the network.

To reset the network adapters on your device, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Network & Internet.
    3. Click on Status.
    4. Under the "Change your network settings" section, click the Network reset option.
    5. Click the Reset now button.

FreeBooter, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Can get on internet and access it but PC doesn't think i have internet?

PC says I have internet access but still no internet in praxis

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and Network adaptor driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message? If yes share the exact and complete error message?

As an initial troubleshooting step I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and Network adaptor updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists follow the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix network connection issues.

These steps are applicable to Ethernet and WIFI connection issues. Do let us know if you are able to use internet.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Can get on internet and access it but PC doesn't think i have internet?

1. Can get on internet and access it but PC doesn't think i have internet? - Similar Threads - internet access doesn't

2. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet Access despite having Internet Access: Internet is working fine, hovering over network icon says:"Unidentified Network No Internet Access"Opening Network & Internet Settings > Status crashes immediately, but other sub categories such as Ethernet/Dial-Up do not crashDIRECTLY RELATED TO Error Code 0x80072F8FDone a...
  3. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Access despite having Internet Access: Internet is working fine, hovering over network icon says:"Unidentified Network No Internet Access"Opening Network & Internet Settings > Status crashes immediately, but other sub categories such as Ethernet/Dial-Up do not crashDIRECTLY RELATED TO Error Code 0x80072F8FDone a...
  4. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My PC says "No Internet, protected" but I have access to the Internet.

My PC says "No Internet, protected" but I have access to the Internet.: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and now Windows doesn't think I have internet. It will not be linked to my Microsoft account. MS Word, Edge, and One Notes are also having difficulty connecting to my account. But if I go to Edge, I can connect to the internet, my email, and...
  6. I get no internet access

I get no internet access: Whenever i connect to a network it says no acess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-internet-access/7d1bb199-260d-430f-92ce-722f4875dd47
  7. I get no access to the internet

I get no access to the internet: So i fixed my orginal problem being that all the networks were gone but i ran back into the problem that caused it. Whenever i go and connect to a network i get no internet acess...
  8. Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access

Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access: For around 2 days I have been having this issue where apparently I do not have internet access, but I do have internet access. [ATTACH] It is usually stuck like this for 20 minutes then figures out that it can connect to the internet.Running the troubleshooter just provides...
  9. "No Internet, Secured" but I have access to the web/internet.

"No Internet, Secured" but I have access to the web/internet.: So I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and now Windows doesn't think I have internet. It wont link with my Microsoft account... MS Word, Edge and One Notes have difficulty connecting to my account as well. But if I go on Edge, I am able to connect to the internet, my email and...
  10. I have connection but windows thinks not "no internet"

I have connection but windows thinks not "no internet": I have internet connection with or without my ethernet cable but windows window shows "no internet". It is a problem for start up programs that try to update on start up on sometimes. I guess they are getting that signal. How to make this go away? 107166