Windows 10: Can hardwired PC screen mirror to TV on WiFi?

Discus and support Can hardwired PC screen mirror to TV on WiFi? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’ve got my pc hooked up to my router via Ethernet cable, and a TV that is on the same routers wireless WiFi network. My TCL roku tv (q825) should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2SilkyJim, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Can hardwired PC screen mirror to TV on WiFi?

So I’ve got my pc hooked up to my router via Ethernet cable, and a TV that is on the same routers wireless WiFi network. My TCL roku tv (q825) should support MiraCast. I’m wondering if my PC has to be on the wireless WiFi to screen mirror to the TV?

submitted by /u/2SilkyJim
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/2SilkyJim, Feb 25, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Mirror PC screen to Smart TV without required hardware?

Mirroring PC screen to smart tv requires Miracast, which is WiFi only. And not every WiFi adapter supports Miracast. You would need to get a WiFi adapter for your computer that supports Miracast.

NavyLCDR, Feb 25, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Mirroring laptop screen to TV - works once only.

I found connecting to the TV hit and miss. I just did it and it took at least 6 tries. I found it sometimes makes a difference whether the laptop starts the connections first or the TV. All I can do is show how I do it and hope that helps.

BTW, my Samsung TV is ten years old and doesn't have Bluetooth. That is OK because I connect to my Samsung [BD]J6300 Blue-Ray player instead.

On the Blue-Ray player I open the Screen Mirroring app that comes with it.

On the laptop I open the notification area on the right side of the screen and...
    • Turn on Bluetooth if it is not on
    • Select Project
    • On the bottom select Connect to a wireless display
    • I then select [BD]J6300 from the list
    • Within 30 seconds it will connect and display

MisterEd, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Galane Win User

Can hardwired PC screen mirror to TV on WiFi?

WiFi screen mirroring to Samsung TV?

I am attempting to mirror the 1080p display from my Dell Latitude E6530 laptop (with nVidia GPU) to my Samsung Smart TV.

The TV *was* shown in devices, but now it's not and it won't show up again. I never did have it connected by WiFi to the laptop. The TV is on my Wireless network, I watch YouTube and Crackle and mirror to it from my Samsung phone. It's a couple years old, with AllShare, but Microsoft has decided to block installing the AllShare software on Windows. (Hasn't been a firmware update for the TV in at least a year.)

Everything I can find for how to info on this for Win 10 is old and outdated, from 2015 or 2016, and things on version 1803 ain't like they used to be. How do I get it to work in 2018 with Windows 10 Pro x64 1803?

Samsung's SmartView for Windows isn't what I want. Unlike for their phones, SmartView for Windows only streams from some apps instead of mirroring the entire screen.

I do have a couple of little Android TV boxes that I've cleaned the useless junk off and done a clean install of Kodi. I could install MiraCast on one then possibly do a 'triple play' bounce through it - but that's hardly optimal when the TV is supposed to be 'smart'.

Galane, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Can hardwired PC screen mirror to TV on WiFi?

1. Can hardwired PC screen mirror to TV on WiFi? - Similar Threads - hardwired screen mirror

2. Tv problem with screen mirroring on windows pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tv problem with screen mirroring on windows pc: Everytime I screen mirror my windows 10 pc to my Samsung tv all it does is just show my background and once I click any applications like opening a game the game doesn’t show on the tv, it only shows in the pc. So it’s just stuck on my background, please help...
  3. Tv problem with screen mirroring on windows pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tv problem with screen mirroring on windows pc: Everytime I screen mirror my windows 10 pc to my Samsung tv all it does is just show my background and once I click any applications like opening a game the game doesn’t show on the tv, it only shows in the pc. So it’s just stuck on my background, please help...
  4. Mirroring or Casting to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring or Casting to TV: When attempting to mirror to my tv. I keep getting a could not connect notification. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirroring-or-casting-to-tv/edf5fb69-f405-4dd1-bfaa-17dda8ec8eff
  5. Cannot mirror computer screen on TV

Cannot mirror computer screen on TV: I use HDMI to mirror computer screen. I plugged the cable in the port and, as a default, it connected as an Extended screen. I pressed Win+P and selected Duplicate but nothing has changed...
  6. Mirror PC screen to Smart TV without required hardware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror PC screen to Smart TV without required hardware?: Hello, Apologies if this has been asked many times before. My PC and Samsung Smart TV are connected by ethernet cables to my router. My question is; is it actually possible to mirror my PC screen through the network to my Smart TV only by installing a software on my PC...
  7. How to mirror pc on smart tv

How to mirror pc on smart tv: I have a Dell with windows 10 home edition. I want mirror the computer on a 2015 Samsung Smart TV. Can i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mirror-pc-on-smart-tv/2b2b9586-509b-4b63-af81-dcefcd720f8a
  8. Mirror laptop screen to smart TV

Mirror laptop screen to smart TV: I want to connect my laptop and smart TV wirelessly. I followed recommendations and the devices recognize each other but don’t connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-laptop-screen-to-smart-tv/15a5d2dd-4ac3-4c31-8720-0c8e324365fd
  9. WiFi screen mirroring to Samsung TV?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    WiFi screen mirroring to Samsung TV?: I am attempting to mirror the 1080p display from my Dell Latitude E6530 laptop (with nVidia GPU) to my Samsung Smart TV. The TV *was* shown in devices, but now it's not and it won't show up again. I never did have it connected by WiFi to the laptop. The TV is on my Wireless...
  10. Hardwiring & Wifi...the same password!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hardwiring & Wifi...the same password!!!: Just a general question. When I use a lappy/tablet/mobile phone on wifi, for the first time it asks for a password...fair enough, but when something is hard wired TV, PC, Laptop, surely it isn't the same password or is it? or is their another password for hardwiring, your...