Windows 10: Can having too much RAM slow down our computer?

Discus and support Can having too much RAM slow down our computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a single slot for ram in my laptop and i put in a 16gb module in it. i know that dual channel would speed things up due to i/o having 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AliM2, Sep 27, 2018.

1. AliM2 Win User

Can having too much RAM slow down our computer?

I have a single slot for ram in my laptop and i put in a 16gb module in it. i know that dual channel would speed things up due to i/o having 2 channels. but when it comes to how the OS uses ram, would an 8 gb module have half as many 'addresses' and area to read from?

i've seen that some people on the net have had their system slowing down when increasing ram.

thanks

:)

AliM2, Sep 27, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 27, 2018
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Can having too much RAM slow down our computer? :D

DrunkenMafia, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Can having too much RAM slow down our computer? - Similar Threads - having too much

2. RAM issue - too much RAM is "reserved"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM issue - too much RAM is "reserved": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZinfoTheIdk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xq700f/ram_issue_too_much_ram_is_reserved/
  3. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  4. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  5. DWM.exe taking too much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM.exe taking too much RAM: few days ago, i post "desktop windows manager taking too much RAM" and i fixed the problem by updating my drivers using support assist. few days later, today DWM.exe start to taking lots of RAM again. i dont know whats the problem, i updated all windows version, updated...
  6. dwm using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    dwm using too much RAM: My dwm.exe is using more than 1.5 gigs of my RAM at times when I have 3 windows open. I7-9750H 8GB 2666mhz RAM in single channel How can I decrease it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-using-too-much-ram/15cc45dd-0b8d-46a1-bad5-fd966aa635d0
  7. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  8. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  9. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  10. windows using too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows using too much ram: I have a desktop pc with this configuration: -CPU: i7-5820K -GPU: GTX-980 -RAM: 48GB after 2~3 day using the pc the Ram usage is at 80% what is absolutly not normal....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can too much ram slow a computer down