Windows 10: Can/how to backup just computer apps & be able to install them onto another computer?

Discus and support Can/how to backup just computer apps & be able to install them onto another computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I’m hoping to connect with someone here who can give me some advice on something I’m not sure can be done. My laptop/PC is almost 7-years old &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveClinton, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Can/how to backup just computer apps & be able to install them onto another computer?

Hi! I’m hoping to connect with someone here who can give me some advice on something I’m not sure can be done. My laptop/PC is almost 7-years old & has been giving me minor incidental troubles, which are becoming quite frustrating. Many days my PC will either just suddenly shut down or freeze up on me requiring me to have to restart. Needless to say, it gets to be quite annoying. For anti-virus protection, I have Norton 360, which performs a daily scan. I also use the CCleaner app which I’m not sure is necessary or not? I will not get into some of Windows 10 features I have lost or no longer work within the past year. This part is what bothers me the most; I like having everything on my PC working up to par. I kind of compare a computer to like a car. It’s unlikely that many cars that are 8-years old today are running as when they were brand new. You might say my computer is like my car; beingphysically disabled/quadriplegic, I type with a head stick/pointer, using my computer is the only thing I can do by myself. Therefore I spend 7 to 9-hours on my computer 7-days a week.

Returning with discussing my current computer troubles I wanted to add a few more details. I had a couple of techs from Microsoft remotely check out my computer & some had suggested resetting my Windows 10 in hopes to gain back some of the Windows 10 features I seemed to have lost. At the time resetting my Windows 10 meant losing all of my apps & having to individually reinstall them. I wasn’t up for that task & still feel this way. Plus, in resetting my Windows 10 there was no guarantee my issues would be resolved. Also, my hard drive is only half full. I still have over 296 GB free space, which deters me from purchasing a whole new laptop.

Please forgive me as I find myself gone off from my purpose of this post. Over the past few months I’ve beensearching out for ways, I can save or backup just my apps in case something happens to my PC. apps. Regarding my documents/files I have them regularly backed up onto a USB Drive. I do know or learned there are various methods you can backup your entire OS, which is something I’m not looking to do. Whether or not my current OS is in any way corrupted or not, if I purchased a new laptop I wouldn’t want to put on an old OS onto a brand new computer. To me, that would be defeating the purpose of getting a whole new computer. Just wish there was some way I could just backup my many-many apps I have possibly onto a USB Drive & have them easily installed/transferred onto a newly purchased computer. Some of my apps are Microsoft while others of my apps are third-party apps. I just dread the idea of having to download & install my many-many apps.

During my research, I did find this one possible option, PortableApps.com / https://www.easeus.com/pctransfersoftware/pctransprobuy.html?linkid=e_drop&utm_expid=.yADt1aRtSSC0AUhX0g6H7w.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%Fsecure.livechatinc.com%2Flicence%2F1389892%2Fv2%2Fopen

I’m not sure if this is my best option or if there are any other alternatives? Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

:)

DaveClinton, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 17, 2020
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    Is it possible to copy a Windows store app from another computer?

You can't find it on your app list in the store? click on the dots on the right side choose downloads and updates

Can/how to backup just computer apps & be able to install them onto another computer? [​IMG]

choose All Owned

Can/how to backup just computer apps & be able to install them onto another computer? [​IMG]

scroll through the list / find program and choose install

thomaseg1, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can/how to backup just computer apps & be able to install them onto another computer?

How was Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10 PC?

Source: How was this Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10 PC? | ZDNet

Brink, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Can/how to backup just computer apps & be able to install them onto another computer?

1. Can/how to backup just computer apps & be able to install them onto another computer? - Similar Threads - backup computer apps

2. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  3. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  4. Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.: Hello, On my personal laptop, for some reason I cannot log onto some accounts online. I can get to the sites but when I enter my credentials, it simply loops back to the login again as if I did not do anything. These same accounts on the same sites, however, I can log onto...
  5. Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.: Hello, On my personal laptop, for some reason I cannot log onto some accounts online. I can get to the sites but when I enter my credentials, it simply loops back to the login again as if I did not do anything. These same accounts on the same sites, however, I can log onto...
  6. Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. windows 8.1 upgrade onto another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 8.1 upgrade onto another computer: Hello, i have a windows 8.1 laptop that i want to use to get the upgrade key to use on my other pc, which has windows 10 pro not activated on it. how do i get the key from the 8.1 laptop and use the key to activate my windows 10 pro pc?...
  8. how can I backup data from my computer to another computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can I backup data from my computer to another computer?: I have a Toshiba satellite e45-b4200 with intel core i5 working on Windows 10. --- My laptop updated on the night of May 18, then when I started having issues which can be read here. Currently, I believe my computer is probably not working with Windows 10 than being a hard...
  9. Backup old computer and restore onto new computer

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup old computer and restore onto new computer: A friend of mine smashed his all-in-on PC with Windows 10 Home and asked me to make a backup of his data and later restore the data onto his new PC. I have basically two questions about this: 1.) How do I do the backup best? Can this be done with Windows' own backup feature,...
  10. Downloading game onto another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading game onto another computer: OK, any help would be greatly appreciated. I downloaded Age Of Empires Definitive Edition on one computer and i want to download it to another computer so i can play on it when the other isn't available....