Windows 10: can hyper-V run a VM taken from an atom processor?

Discus and support can hyper-V run a VM taken from an atom processor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; using disk2vhd, I have managed to put desktop PCs into a VM. I am trying to convert win10 on an atom processor into a VM, but it does not start in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KB-opto, Sep 8, 2020.

1. KB-opto Win User

can hyper-V run a VM taken from an atom processor?

using disk2vhd, I have managed to put desktop PCs into a VM.

I am trying to convert win10 on an atom processor into a VM, but it does not start in hyper-v nor other VM tools. Do i need extra settings?

:)

KB-opto, Sep 8, 2020
  2. DMACUK Win User

Hyper-V VM

With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine?

DMACUK, Sep 8, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Sep 8, 2020
  4. can hyper-V run a VM taken from an atom processor?

Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

can hyper-V run a VM taken from an atom processor?

1. can hyper-V run a VM taken from an atom processor? - Similar Threads - hyper run taken

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. HYPER-V run VM in background question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V run VM in background question: Hi there @Kari (sorry but you seem to be the acknowleged expert in this) If I have a HYPER-V VM running but I want to sign out (not logoff just sign out as a particular user) of Windows (the HOST) can the VM still run in background mode so other people can log on to it or...
  5. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  6. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  7. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  8. HYPER-V with second level VM running on vmware workstation

HYPER-V with second level VM running on vmware workstation: Hi there just thought I'd do a Bonkers experiment - works and isn't too slow (but use SSD !!!). Host W10 X-64 PRO with HYPER-V VM1 (ist level VM - 2nd level machine) Linux CENTOS 7 with latest kernel (4.7) VM2 --installed VMware workstation on the Linux machine...
  9. Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!

Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!: Hi there @Kari particularly -- any experience with using the FREE 2016 server HYPER-V edition and any pitfalls as I want to try it later. Try Active Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 | TechNet Evaluation Software Best Practices for running Linux on Hyper-V | Microsoft...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...